German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have we gone too far? Ultra high prey drive    Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started Jun-13 by Solitaire13; 184 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Jun-13

No mention there of a crate. How did the dog get out?  I never allowed any of my dogs anywhere near a baby.  They were never unsupervised with a known child under the age of 3 or a less known child under the age of 6.

Solitaire13

Jun-13

In the video, a neighbor's Mal / GSD mix escapes,  runs to the neighbor's,  and immediately sets on their little girl totally unprovoked.  The father ran in the house, got his gun, and had to shoot the dog in the head while the dog had his daughter's head in its mouth. The mother held her daughter the entire time.  She did live, will recover, but was horrifically injured. The father is a real basket case over this and was severely emotionally traumatized. 

Kazell

Jun-13

I say yes, it's something I have some issues with and is a big reason I'm getting disillusioned with titling and such. There are sport line dogs that are no better than extreme showlines in how they fit the standard. Extremes are a mess regardless of what venue they're in.