About this Forum -  Welcome to Delphi Memorial Forum (23735 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/24/13 1:15 PM 
To: All  (1 of 28) 

Live Your Life

Delphi's Memorial Forum

Looking for someone that has disappeared from Delphi Forums?   Wanting to share memories of those lost to the Delphi Community?   This is the place to do so, and pay respects to those who were important to you.

Not a bunch of rules:  Please be respectful of others and please don't flame.   This is not a place for forum wars and complaints.   For reasons of decorum and privacy, most members here will be moderated at first, and this is to avoid disrespect for the departed.   The staff reserves the right to edit posts to remove sensitive personal information (and we ask that you avoid posting addresses, phone numbers and similar personal data).  But we encourage open sharing, so while your posts may sometimes be delayed a few hours, please feel free to share here.

There have been other efforts in the past at Delphi memorials and we praise those efforts.  Hopefully we can build on the idea and create a truly special place for everyone on Delphi.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email the forum manager at geaatl@msn.com

• Edited 2/24/2013 8:55 pm ET by Glen (GEAATL)

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/4/13 12:21 PM 
To: All  (2 of 28) 
 163.2 in reply to 163.1 
I wanted to thank all of you who have already shared memories here in this forum.   Hopefully we'll help more of you find missing members and discuss those who have passed away, and your contributions and memories are welcome.

Also, your suggestions are welcome.   Post them or email me privately at geaatl@msn.com  .

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/13/13 12:17 AM 
To: All  (3 of 28) 
 163.3 in reply to 163.2 

17 days ago, the doors were opened to this forum.   This was a project I felt needed to be done, in a way that showed respect to those we have lost, people that mattered to us, and would let people feel free to remember.

I am so very appreciative of those of you who have visited - whether posting or reading quietly.   You have proven that this place is needed.  I've started and run many forums, but this was the first that took shape so quickly.

I hope each of you will talk about this forum in your favorite forums, and encourage people to come here and share.  Being new, many members don't know we exist, and this is a place for the whole Delphi community.

Again, thanks to each of you.

To: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 28) 
 163.4 in reply to 163.3 
Hi Glen,

I followed a link from 'my forums' page.  This is a good idea.  I've been on Delphi forums for 13 years and have met good friends and have lost a couple of them.  I'll pass the word about this forum.

BTW, nice to meet you.

Gayle

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/17/13 6:08 PM 
To: Aspenglow11 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 28) 
 163.5 in reply to 163.4 

Welcome, Gayle.   Glad you found us!

I hope that everyone here does spread the word about this forum on their forums so that everyone knows there is a place for information and sharing about dear friends here.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/24/13 3:58 PM 
To: All  (6 of 28) 
 163.6 in reply to 163.5 
Since I have two forums dating to 1994 it seems strange here to post that today is the four week anniversary of this forum.  But I was looking at the controls and see that in those four weeks, 44 people have posted almost 400 posts (and many more have visited).

More important than those numbers are some others.   We've celebrated the lives of 19 members who have passed away, and shared our memories.  We've looked for a dozen missing members (three of whom now are "found.")

Today's a thanks to those who have posted, to those who simply have come here to read and remember, and to the Delphi Forums community, for caring.  I'd like to ask those of you who haven't yet done so to mention this forum in the forums you call home, so others can find there way here. 

Again, thanks!

To: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 28) 
 163.7 in reply to 163.2 

I havent checked in in a long time, and just wanted to say hi to everyone,  and that I am okay.  The forum is a lot different, and I saw someplace on one of the old pages that it had moved to FB ?  I don't do FB, so that is why I have not been around. 

I just wondered is  Aleta Marie still around ?  I have not heard from her in a long time, and miss her. I would love to hear from her if she feels like it.  bonjour mon amie. 

I hope you all are well.  Love,

AANP  [the other Aleta on here] 

Message 8 of 28 was Deleted  

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/11/13 10:47 AM 
To: AAN329  (9 of 28) 
 163.9 in reply to 163.7 
You may want to post some details in our missing person's folder.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/12/13 11:03 PM 
To: All  (10 of 28) 
 163.10 in reply to 163.9 
A couple months ago, we built what has quickly become a wonderful tribute forum to those we have lost on Delphi, this forum, Delphi's Memorial Forum.

Since that start, we have posted fitting memorials for 46 Delphi members who passed away, are looking for a number of missing members, and successfully looked for and found 4 other MIA members.

In those two months, almost 2300 people have visited the forum once or more (usually more).

The most touching part to me is the hundreds of posts where members have talked about their lost friends, and so many of the posts are deep from the heart. 

I've hosted forums since 1994 on Delphi, and host several of Delphi's busiest forums.   But no forum has shown more love, more of the wonderful Delphi community, than this one.   Go back to your "home" forums and tell them about this special corner on Delphi.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-28
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.