Current Events -  Is the Pope wrong about people and pe... (121 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 2:00 PM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 9) 
Is the Pope wrong about people and pets? See post 2
Yes
No
I don't care what he says
Other

12 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 2:02 PM 
To: All Poll  (2 of 9) 
 900.2 in reply to 900.1 

Opting for pets over children is selfish and 'takes away our humanity,' says Pope Francis

Pope Francis has criticized couples who choose to have pets instead of children as selfish, arguing that their decision to forgo parenthood leads to a loss of "humanity" and is a detriment to civilization.

The Pope made the comments Wednesday while speaking to a general audience about Saint Joseph, Jesus' earthly father.
Francis was lauding Joseph's decision to bring up Jesus as "among the highest forms of love" when he veered into the topic of adoption and orphaned children today. He then turned his focus on couples that opt for animals instead of children.
"We see that people do not want to have children, or just one and no more. And many, many couples do not have children because they do not want to, or they have just one -- but they have two dogs, two cats ... Yes, dogs and cats take the place of children," the Pope said. "Yes, it's funny, I understand, but it is the reality. And this denial of fatherhood or motherhood diminishes us, it takes away our humanity. And in this way civilization becomes aged and without humanity, because it loses the richness of fatherhood and motherhood. And our homeland suffers, as it does not have children."
The Pope's remarks, though surprising coming from a progressive pontiff, echo the Catholic Church's teachings about the importance of couples either bearing or raising children -- and the potential demographic consequences of not doing so.
Francis said that couples who cannot biologically have children should consider adoption.

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 2:04 PM 
To: All Poll  (3 of 9) 
 900.3 in reply to 900.2 

I voted yes, people's situations are different, they have their own reasons for not having children. 

To: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (4 of 9) 
 900.4 in reply to 900.1 

I don't care what he says. But I do think people know what is best for them. Some simply are not parent material and it is better for them and children, for them not to have children.

Today I saw where a 18th old woman tossed her newborn son into a dumpster. The cameras caught it, and fortunately dumpster divers found him hours later. But he still medical issues. Temp so low it didn't register. Both dad and grandmother claim they didn't know she was pregnant. She should never have children.

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-11 12:42 PM 
To: astrallady DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 9) 
 900.5 in reply to 900.4 

I agree with you. Not everyone should be a parent, for whatever reason.  I am one who chose not to have any and I'm fine with my decision, I had reasons and so do a lot of others.

To: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 9) 
 900.6 in reply to 900.5 

My choice was none too, but the joke was on me and I got pregnant on my 33rd birthday.

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-13 3:46 AM 
To: astrallady DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (7 of 9) 
 900.7 in reply to 900.6 

Oh dear!

To: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (8 of 9) 
 900.8 in reply to 900.7 

I was lucky she was a good baby. IQ challenged and more pre teen in many ways then her 24 years. But she is loving and sweet. Took great care of me when I had my thyroid taken out. Still counting my soda intake, lol.

From: Chocolate Pig (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-17 6:47 PM 
To: astrallady DelphiPlus Member Icon unread Poll  (9 of 9) 
 900.9 in reply to 900.8 

I'm happy she was a big help to you  :)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.