Food and Drink -  What is your favorite summer drink? (114 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-28 7:38 AM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 13) 
What is your favorite summer drink?
Iced tea
Iced coffee
Ice cold beer
Ice/cold water
Lemonade
Other, tell us!

9 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

To: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (2 of 13) 
 917.2 in reply to 917.1 

Ice cold beer on a hot day is not good for the digestion.  There's nothing like a beer to quench thirst but it shouldn't be ice cold.  Cold but not ice cold.

From: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-30 4:27 AM 
To: camper6 Poll  (3 of 13) 
 917.3 in reply to 917.2 

I've never been a beer drinker as I never liked the taste but everyone I see here has it ice cold.

To: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (4 of 13) 
 917.4 in reply to 917.3 

When you start out with it ice cold you don't get the real taste.  The experienced beer drinkers in Ireland and England don't drink it ice cold.  European beer has a 'hoppy' taste.

Most experienced drinkers let it warm up a bit.  Here they even frost the glass.  That's a no no for me. Hard on the stomach from the shock.

From: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-30 9:56 AM 
To: camper6 Poll  (5 of 13) 
 917.5 in reply to 917.4 

I've heard in Europe they like room temp beer, hear it seems it's nice and cold for most.

To: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 13) 
 917.6 in reply to 917.5 

All kinds of preferences, however, the world got along quite well without refrigeration.

Here they even drink iced tea and iced coffee.  For me, that's yucky.

From: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-30 10:09 AM 
To: camper6 Poll  (7 of 13) 
 917.7 in reply to 917.6 

I like ice tea but nope, my coffee has to be hot.

To: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (8 of 13) 
 917.8 in reply to 917.1 

I voted other...

Japanese distilled liquor called Shochu is my favorite.

They have four types:

1) Kokuto (Sugarcane)

2) Imo (Potato)

3) Kome (Rice)

4) Mugi (Rye)

My favorites are in that order. With exception of the rye... because it's basically tasteless, I like mine cold on the rocks. But for the rye... as it's tasteless, I like to add something else to make it tasteful!

Beer, whiskey, bourbon, etc. all fall by the wayside for me.

FWIW

From: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-1 6:45 AM 
To: WALTER784 DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (9 of 13) 
 917.9 in reply to 917.8 

I stopped all alcohol once I found out I was diabetic, but I was a moderate drinker when I drank, I loved the flavored drinks, I never could stand the taste of beer.   Ick  LOL

To: Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (10 of 13) 
 917.10 in reply to 917.9 

If somebody started with a round of beer... I would have one.

But immediately changed my 2nd drink onward.

I also like wine and can drink tequila, bourbon, but my preferred drinks are distilled with exception of fermented wine. All other fermented alcoholic beverages are not my preference.

FWIW

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-13
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.