GovWatch

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

A forum for posting about laws & pending legislation - both domestic & international, freedom of the press, & online privacy.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rape   Law & Disorder

Started 12/29/12 by Cstar1; 44500 views.
CruisingCats

1/13/13

Good God! Is this man insane? More to the point, is his wife insane to stay married to him?
In reply toRe: msg 27
Cstar1
Host

1/14/13

Why journalists are covering rapes differently in New Delhi & Steubenville:  The view from inside India, outside Ohio

In reply toRe: msg 28
Cstar1
Host

1/18/13

Delhi gang-rape: suspects in fatal attack on student to go to fast-track court

The Guardian - ‎34 minutes ago‎
The trial of the five men accused of the gang-rape and murder of a young woman will open on Monday in a special fast-track court in Delhi, an Indian magistrate has ordered.
In reply toRe: msg 29
Cstar1
Host

1/19/13

More tears for football player's fake girlfriend hoax, than for real rape victims of football players.

In reply toRe: msg 30
Cstar1
Host

1/25/13

Short skirts, chow mein, rape: more wacky remarks from India's netas, gurus and "experts."  

In reply toRe: msg 32
Cstar1
Host

1/29/13

"Women are no more worthy than a lollipop that has been dropped on the ground..."

18-year-old Adil Rashid has been spared a prison sentence for raping a child because "he did not know having sex with a 13-year-old was against the law" as reported by The Daily Mail of London, England on Jan. 25, 2013.

Judge Michael Stokes granted Rashid a suspended sentence, stating:

"Although chronologically 18, it is quite clear from the reports that you are very naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters."

Examiner
Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/13

Ah, so in England ignorance of the law is a valid defense?

"Honest, officer, I didn't know robbing a bank was illegal"

"Go and sin no more, my son, all is forgiven"..

Sheeessshhh.

Cstar1
Host

1/29/13

My initial reaction was a lot less polite!