GovWatch

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

A forum for posting about laws & pending legislation - both domestic & international, freedom of the press, & online privacy.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rape   Law & Disorder

Started 12/29/12 by Cstar1; 47053 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

1/30/13

slinking off to think about how to redo my image!!!
nnonishere

1/30/13

Send me money.  I will agree with whatever image you desire ;o)
Jeri (azpaints)

1/30/13

I would but I'm broke!!
nnonishere

1/30/13

Darn.  I was hoping to become one of the 1%
Jeri (azpaints)

1/30/13

I'm lucky to be one of the 99%!!  
nnonishere

1/30/13

I have been in the 99% my entire life.  In the name of research, I think I need to do a personal comparative study.
Jeri (azpaints)

1/30/13

I think I started out in the .05% of the 99% - but I've never made it anywhere near the top of the 99%.   I don't even want to do study...I'd get too depressed!

In reply toRe: msg 46
Cstar1
Host

1/31/13

Indian officials are planning a new tool to fight rape: a watch that texts your relatives & police, locates you via GPS, and records video for 30 minutes after a button is pressed. 

While the watch is certainly better than nothing, some women’s rights activists are skeptical… and rightly so. A 2011 study by Trust Law, an organization which calls itself a “global hub” of “news and information on good governance and women’s rights,” ranked India as the fourth most-dangerous country for women. And if you’re unfamiliar with dowry-related violence in India, here’s a refresher, compliments of the UN.

Mashable

In reply toRe: msg 47
Cstar1
Host

2/2/13

Gang rape accused plead not guilty

Five men accused of brutal gang rape and murder of young woman on Delhi bus claim they are innocent
In reply toRe: msg 48
Cstar1
Host

3/21/13

NEW DELHI (AP) — India's Parliament passed a sweeping new law Thursday to protect women against sexual violence in response to a fatal December gang rape and beating of a young woman on a bus in New Delhi.

The new law, which still requires the president's signature before it becomes official, makes stalking, voyeurism and sexual harassment a crime. It also provides for the death penalty for repeat offenders or for rape attacks that lead to the victim's death. The law also makes it a crime for police officers to refuse to open cases when they receive complaints of sexual attacks.

AP