Cstar1

Gun Violence in America

Hosted by Cstar1

Americans' obsession with guns are killing us. Other countries don't have this problem, why do we insist on clinging to 19th century justice and neanderthal attitudes?

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bad Solutions to Gun Violence Problem   Discussions

Started 7/26/18 by Cstar1; 730 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Host

7/26/18

If you do a search and go to Google shopping, you can find them. Ranges from $12.48 to $158.99? What kind of parent are you if you buy the cheap one? 

Someone's cashing in on this. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cstar1
Host

7/26/18

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Host

7/26/18

In reply toRe: msg 1
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/2/18

Paranoia is very much in style, assume that everything is harmful and you are right in vogue and sucker to every scam that comes along.

School injury and death is not any more dangerous than ever as I see it, we just hear of everything that happens anywhere and ASSume that it is happening in the village school down the road.  That and an exploitive press confabulates facts and figures, any event within sight of a school or school bus stop is considered a "school event" even if it is a random happening that just happens to be within a few blocks of a building that MAY house students at some point in time.

Cstar1
Host

8/2/18

Bike (URALTOURIST1) said:

School injury and death is not any more dangerous than ever as I see it, we just hear of everything that happens anywhere and ASSume that it is happening in the village school down the road.

Statistically, school shootings are way up. That's not anyone's imagination. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/2/18

No injury or violence and disruption in schools at all except for guns?  Dream on.

Cstar1
Host

8/2/18

Bike (URALTOURIST1) said:

No injury or violence and disruption in schools at all except for guns?

Where did I say that? 

In reply toRe: msg 8
Cstar1
Host

9/7/18

Search terms: bulletproof backpacks

thestep

9/8/18

These seem to be hot sellers in my neck of the woods.  I suppose they could offer some kind of protection from bullets.  Probably less good for already over loaded child backs and knees.

I suspect they are little more than personal paranoia enhancement devices (PPEDs).   As long as we venerate guns as demi-gods and pretend they are toys instead of instruments of destruction, too many people will miss-use them.

Cstar1
Host

9/9/18

The answer is to get rid of the guns, not send our kids to school packing kevlar.