Poll The Audience -  A LEGEND ONLY IN THEIR MIND??? (83 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/30/02 1:37 PM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 25) 
A LEGEND ONLY IN THEIR MIND???
Michael Jackson
Ray Davies
Little Richard
Ted Nugent
George Clinton

14 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

To: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (2 of 25) 
 559.2 in reply to 559.1 

Im not sure why Ray Davies is included in your poll, but anyone who wrote that many great songs qualifies as a legend to me.

Little Richard---if he thinks he is a legend, then he has every right to. So much of his stuff still has a visceral punch that would put others to shame.

Ted Nugent was always a cocky, self-congratulating peacock who probably considered himself a legend when he was first starting out, so he doesn't count.

I don't  enough about George Clinton personally to comment.

However, Michael Jackson has taken egomania and audicity to a new level. In his ever-evolving twisted mind, he is now lashing out at everybody and everything because his last offering did not sell 30 million copies. He solidly considers himself a legend, there's no doubt about that. I consider him a NUT of the first order.

DG

From: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/30/02 7:36 PM 
To: dgersztyn DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (3 of 25) 
 559.3 in reply to 559.2 
If you notice, most of these artists have "arrogance" in common. Have you ever read Ray Davies' book? He makes himself into a legend.

Another one I could have included was Mick Taylor.

Kate

To: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (4 of 25) 
 559.4 in reply to 559.3 

No, I haven't had an opportunity to read his book. That bad, huh? It's a shame.

Out of all of the "names" I have met, the biggest and most arrogant prick was Leslie West.

DG

From: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/31/02 11:07 AM 
To: dgersztyn DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 25) 
 559.5 in reply to 559.4 
It seems to me that "big prick" is what you boys aspire to have, but never want to be.

The book by Ray Davies is called, "X-Ray". I had a copy of it around here. I will see if I can locate it, and I'll send it to you with the Beatle video. (A friend of mine borrowed the video and he's supposed to be returning it this weekend. I told him I had other men lining up to view it, and they were getting older!)

Luv,
Kate

To: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 25) 
 559.6 in reply to 559.1 
Looks like the entirely well-balanced and ego-less Mr Jackson is running away with this poll.
I find this extraordinary. Surely he's never done anything to suggest he's other than completely down-to-earth.
And doesn't a guy deserve a break when he's born black but is afflicted by a disease that slowly but inexorably causes him to metamorphose into a white Diana Ross?
I mean, that would be tough for any of us to live with, but as if it wasn't enough, some bastard has pushed two thirds of his nose into his face and turn the rest on end.
The man has my undying sympathy.

To: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (7 of 25) 
 559.7 in reply to 559.5 

I read parts of it at the book store. Let me see if it's at the library.

Dave

From: Screaming Lord Russ (djruss) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/31/02 2:22 PM 
To: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (8 of 25) 
 559.8 in reply to 559.1 

Gotta be Michael Jackson- the man is living in a fantasy world. The rest of the list are 'genuine' legends even if I do think Ted Nugent is a jerk.

Jackson crowned himself 'King Of Pop'- no one else was calling him that. He just made it up.

Five Live Yardbirds!   <Click here to visit The Most Blueswailing Yardbirds Forum

From: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/31/02 8:23 PM 
To: Screaming Lord Russ (djruss) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (9 of 25) 
 559.9 in reply to 559.8 
I agree all, except Jackson, are qualified as legends. I sneak things in here and there to see where it goes. Beside this poll is Jerry's idea! It was his fault! He made me do it!!

Luv,
Kate

From: Kate (MadameGypsy) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/31/02 8:45 PM 
To: Phoenix (diamond1962) Poll  (10 of 25) 
 559.10 in reply to 559.6 
I wrote something around here (you'll have to look through the previous posts under "The Colour of Rock and Roll") that quite sums up my opinion of Mr. Jackson.

Peace,
Kate

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-25
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.