Welcome, Greetings & Notices -  Friday greetings from Paula (100 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/2/18 8:50 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

We are told to pray: “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.”  Matt.6:10 Those words are now spoken in prayer by Christians all over the world probably close to a billion times a day. Only in eternity will we comprehend all that is meant in that statement, but every now and then we contemplate, what is God’s will? 

The psalms reflect all aspects of life, extolling God for His creation, praising Him for His blessings, and enlisting His help in times of distress. The authors of the psalms found reasons to praise God regardless of their circumstances.

We know there is a spiritual war between good and evil – between God and Satan.  And we know that God could put an end to it right now if it was His will.  God could have put an end to it all in the beginning, yet He has allowed evil to play out with the good, and suffereing along with joy.  But why?  God must have a reason for all of the events that have occurred, for all of the people who have lived and died and all of those who have suffered.   He must have a purpose for all of this.

Some  Christians say that God created us to have fellowship with us and so that we can bring glory to Him. And that begs the question,  why didn’t He  just create a few k’zillion  people to bring Him glory and be done with it?  Obviously there is more to His purpose than that. 

I think the answer can be found in the Psalms.  The Psalms begin with a comparison between those who delight in the law of the Lord,  - from the ungodly.  “For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.” ~Psalm 1:6   The  2nd Psalm asks the question, “Why do the nations rage and the people plot a vain thing"?  We sometimes ask the same question – “WHY”

And many of us are asking that very same question today - “Why Lord?”

Psalm 2:4 says “He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision.  Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep pleasure:  ‘Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.  I will declare the decree:  The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, I have begotten You.  Ask of Me and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession.” 

So we see that God has given the nations to the ends of the earth to His only begotten Son, Jesus, for an inheritance.  And in the end He will set Jesus on His holy hill of Zion. 

The psalm then continues with the words, “You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s wheel“ ~Psalm 2:9   The potter’s wheel is used in other places of the Bible to show how God takes us as we are and then re-shapes us into the kind of person He wants us to be.  He could have created us as perfect beings to begin with but He didn’t.  

Psalm 2 continues, “Now therefore, be wise O kings; be instructed you judges of the earth, serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.  Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish in the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little.  Blessed are those who put their trust in Him.” ~Psalm 2:10-12 

So we learn from Scripture that we were created to serve the Lord with fear lest we perish when His wrath is kindled.  And those are blessed who put their trust in Him. 

Psalm 3 encourages us that the Lord will help His people. “But You, O Lord are a shield for me, my glory and the one who lifts up my head.  I cried out to the Lord with my voice and He heard me from His holy hill.” ~Psalm 3:3-4  I have called out to the Lord, have you?

In the first three psalms, we have seen what is God’s will.  He has given the nations to Jesus for His inheritance.  In the end He will set Jesus as King of Kings on His holy hill of Mount Zion.  And those who choose to serve Him with fear, to delight in His law, to put our trust in Him and cry out to him when we are in need, will be blessed.  And we will live with Him in His kingdom forever./ But He doesn’t want pardoned criminals living with Him, so He will  reform us into people who deserve to be called His children and are fit t to live with Him in His kingdom.   

God could have kept it simple and initially created people the way He wanted them to be.  But His will is for us to submit to the necessary reformation “through the regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit who is poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior." ~Titus 3:5  

"Hear me when I call oh God of  righteousness,  have mercy on me, and hear my prayer, . . . the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly. The will hear when I call to Him. ~Psalm 4:1

“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.”  Blessings on your day, 

Paula

From: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/2/18 9:43 PM 
To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 125137.2 in reply to 125137.1 

I am enjoying this lesson Paula. Thank you for doing it.

Zerich

"Church of the Assumption" on an island  

in the middle of Bled Lake in Slovenia  

To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 125137.3 in reply to 125137.1 

Thank you for the encouragement, Paula.  I understand more fully WHY God had me go through His assigned trials over the years.  That's where the encouragement comes from.  I know, now more than ever before, that I am (we are) works in progress.  It really comes down to free will.  As you pointed out, God simply could have made us the way He would like to see us; with no evil in us.  It's "the journey" here on Earth that steels our wool.  People give up all the time.  Say "it's too demanding, too hard".  Giving up is a choice.  I choose to keep trudging through the muck and mire of earthly concessions and each time I'm tested, to refuse more and more the conformity of those desires. 

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/3/18 6:57 AM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (4 of 7) 
 125137.4 in reply to 125137.3 

Well said Dave!  Well said indeed!   I love to pick a Scripture and put it under a magnifying glass like that.   

Good work! 

"Owe no one anything

except to love one another,

Romans 13:8.

------------------------------------------

- - 

Our rules are on our start page.

The Bible trumps what your church teaches!

We stand with Israel 

"All posts are "Fair Use" only"  

Follow me to:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/heisrisen/messages

• Edited February 3, 2018 7:13 am  by  Paula (PaulaS44)

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/3/18 7:13 AM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (5 of 7) 
 125137.5 in reply to 125137.3 
Dave (Newman111107) said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Paula.  I understand more fully WHY God had me go through His assigned trials over the years.  That's where the encouragement comes from.  I know, now more than ever before, that I am (we are) works in progress.  It really comes down to free will.  As you pointed out, God simply could have made us the way He would like to see us; with no evil in us.  It's "the journey" here on Earth that steels our wool.  People give up all the time.  Say "it's too demanding, too hard".  Giving up is a choice.  I choose to keep trudging through the muck and mire of earthly concessions and each time I'm tested, to refuse more and more the conformity of those desires. 

Paula  -  Yes the Holy Spirit is taking us through the process of "Regeneration" and "Renewal" ~ Titus 3:5 

It is also called "sanctification", when God is changing us into the people He wants us to be. 

"Owe no one anything

except to love one another,

Romans 13:8.

------------------------------------------

- - 

Our rules are on our start page.

The Bible trumps what your church teaches!

We stand with Israel 

"All posts are "Fair Use" only"  

Follow me to:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/heisrisen/messages

To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 125137.6 in reply to 125137.5 

Thank you.  Now if you can go to the Hebrews 7:23-27/Herod's Temple in the Bible Study folder, maybe you and Zerich can straighten me out on this one.  It's a biggie to me.

• Edited February 3, 2018 7:35 am  by  Dave (Newman111107)

To: Dave (Newman111107)  (7 of 7) 
 125137.7 in reply to 125137.3 

God simply could have made us the way He would like to see us; with no evil in us.

Hi Dave, bringing forward that God's word in Genesis tells us He made people after "His" own image and likeness, and that God is holy He has never been known nor said with evil in Him, and thereby people were not made by God with evil in them.  Not to mention God calling His finished creation not only good, but very good, thereby it can be easily seen and heard that "good" is not evil. 

Here is an understanding all about the difference between good and evil:

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 
  Isa 5:20

“The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness.

“Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness.  (Jesus in Luke 11:34-35)

"The eye is the lamp of your body" is all about peoples' own perception "about" what they see and hear and how people personally interpret same toward their own "wants" in their life, but not needs,

for only God supplies our needs since He is our Provider where "need" and "want" are not synonymous.  God does not provide evil to or for His people, for God is our Deliverer and not only does He deliver us from evil, but God too warns us in advance of whatever is about to come where well documented scripturally.

God gave people the Ten people commandments so that people can "know" (even if not understanding) just exactly what is good for us by God alone, and thereby too people can "know" just exactly what is not good for us by any transgression of the peoples' Ten commandments, and where living by the great commandment and one like is people not "intentionally" transgressing the peoples' Ten.

Here is how all that "people knowing" but without understanding got started, to begin with:

but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”

“For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, "knowing" good and evil.”  

That is to say people ended up "knowing" about both good and evil, "and" without people given understanding from God Himself, for "understanding knowledge" is given only by God, and has always been so.

For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding
. Proverbs 2 (entirety of chapter)

And whereby to this day people can see people in conflict and dropping like flies around the globe one way or another:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.  Hos 4:6, (Isa 1:3, 5:13; Jer 8:8, 4:22; Hos 4:1, 6:6, 2Ch 15:3, Isa 45:20, Jesus in Mat 15:14, etc ...)

And why information is not knowledge.

God simply could have made us the way He would like to see us; with no evil in us.

God already made people after His image and likeness the way He wanted to see people, and at that including our own choices free-willingly, for God Himself does just exactly what pleases Himself as well, and "that" is all about God loving "you" infinitely before you were born.

For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  2Co 4:6

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.