Welcome, Greetings & Notices -  Wed. Greeting -Positive affirmations (51 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 11:22 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

I AM WHO I AM

Jesus often used "Positive affirmations. But we make the mistake of using "Negative affirmations".  For example if we continually say "I am sick and tired of . . .  We will soon find that we are "sick and tired"! Our words become our reality.   

“And God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM’.   And He said, “thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.”  (Ex.3:14)   This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations’. (Ex. 3:15) 

The Bible tells us that God hears our every word, not just our prayers. “But I say to you for every idle word that men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment..  “For by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned.”  (Matt. 12:36-37)

This applies to the spoken word as well as the “unspoken”, (our thoughts).  If God hears every word we say, everything we say becomes a prayer, whether we intend for it to be or not.

In other verses Jesus says, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.”   “I am the resurrection, and the life.”  “I am the light of the world.”  “I am the good shepherd”  “I am the door”  “I am the bread of life.”  Jesus is  defining Himself with  spoken  affirmations.   And we likewise define ourselves by negative or positive afforations.

Are you aware of this verse: “Out of your own mouth I will judge you. ” Luke 19:22

According to Scripture, whatever we believe we have received, we will have”; “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them”  (Mark 11:24) 

Similarly, if we say to ourselves, “I AM not smart enough to learn how to do that, then by our very words we are limiting our ability to learn something.  Is it merely a positive attitude, when one says, “I AM going to finish this project, no matter what!”  Or, have we just declared a thing under God’s law that will be established for us?  “And you will declare a thing and it will be established for you.”(Job 22:28) 

Without realizing it, we also cause a lot of damage to others with our words.  For example, if we say to our child  “You are stupid and you will never amount to anything!”  That child will very probably grow up believing they are stupid and will appear to be stupid. You may call this psychology or whatever you like, but the words spoken to our children  often become a reality.  Does it not follow that the things we say to ourselves also become a self fulfilling prophecy? 

Our words become part of our spiritual connection with God.  And I believe it is shown in this verse.  “When they cast you down, and you say, ‘exaltation will come!’  Then He will save the humble person.  He will even deliver one who is not innocent.”  (Job 22:28)  Consider that the the opposite would also true, and “if we say, “well I guess I’m just stuck here in this mess , and there is no hope that I’ll ever get out of it!”.  we condemn ourselves to be “stuck in that mess” with no hope of ever getting out of it  because we have  declared  it. 

Let’s understand how Jesus used positive affirmations to describe Himself, and why it is importand for us to start to use positive affirmations to describe ourselves.

How about, “I am a child of God, and no weapon forged against me will prosper!”  or “The Lord is my shepherd, I have nothing to fear!” Why not write these positive affirmations on a card and tape it to a mirror or cabinet where we will see it every day. 

We need to understand the power of our words and follow Jesus'example with postive affirmations. 

From: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-7 3:45 AM 
To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 128199.2 in reply to 128199.1 

This lesson brings to light things that are flat scary. If you are a negative thinking person most if the time, it is scary knowing you are going to be judged for it. 

Zerich

"I am with you always."

Matthew 28:20

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-7 6:39 AM 
To: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 128199.3 in reply to 128199.2 

This is the Bible telling us that our words have power even over ourselves.

and why it is important to speak postive things.  

For a "believer", our words are prayers whether we realize it or not.

So we should be careful when we say "I am . . . .  in a negative way.

that are 

Instead of complaining, we should say things like "This too will pass" 

Or, "The Lord is my shepherd" 

Or "The Lord will not forsake me"

Or "I have all that I need"  etc. etc. 

I am glad I saved so many things over the years -. I am digging deep in my "stash"

Don't beat yourself up for things God has already forgotten!

Jesus never said "you will not make mistakes."  Rather He said,  

" when you  recognize your mistake I will forgive you - if you ask." 

We love Israel because God loves Israel

We support Israel! 

Our rules are on our start page.

Some people study the Bible. Others  try to rewrite it.

"All posts are "Fair Use" only"  

Follow me to: http:forums.delphiforums.com/heisrisen/messages

• Edited June 7, 2018 6:41 am  by  Paula (PaulaS44)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.