Welcome, Greetings & Notices -  Monday Greetings: A Chosen Generation (73 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-7 8:59 AM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

A Chosen Generation:

"You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1st Pet. 2:9).

We usually focus on the first half of that verse but let’s take a moment to consider the second half.  “that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

The Greek word translated "proclaim in the NKJV, is translated as “show forth” in the KJV. Both are translations of the same word in the original manuscript which means to “publish, and/or to celebrate".   It refers to ‘spreading the news’ of something worth celebrating.  “ Sharing the joy” in other words.  

We are Ambassadors of God.  As Christians, we are not only followers of Christ, but we are also ambassadors of God,  having the great privilege of proclaiming what He has done for His people through Christ Jesus.  Ambassadors of a nation, represent the nation’s power and capabilities to other countries.  It would normally be an honor to represent the United States of America  and it’s power and capabilities to other countries, (though I’m not sure what our ambassadors are representing under the Obama Administration).  But normally an ambassador would “proclaim the excellencies” of the nation they represent.

We however, have the  greater privilege of “publishing His excellencies far and wide to whoever will listen.  We can rightly say “I wish to proclaim the power and capabilities of the living God, who has called me into His service - the One who always keeps His word, and has granted us marvelous blessings in this life, and even greater blessings in the life to come. “   What greater honor could there be than to proclaim the excellencies of  “the One who has called us out of darkness into the light”?

Have a blessed day and let’s pray for the courage to represent the living God, with joy and integrity.

Paula

To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 133116.2 in reply to 133116.1 

Paula (PaulaS44) said...

We however, have the greater privilege of “publishing His excellencies far and wide to whoever will listen.

:)

How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”   Isa 52:7

To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 133116.3 in reply to 133116.1 

So do you think we look at ourselves as part of the Priesthood?
Do we think of ourselves as priests?
So is this Nation a HOLY nation?

******************

• Edited January 8, 2019 9:26 am  by  Zerich

To: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 133116.4 in reply to 133116.3 

Zerich said...

So do you think we look at ourselves as part of the Priesthood?
Do we think of ourselves as priests?

When I think of a Priesthood, I think of the Clerical kind.  Something I can mentally attach to.  As such, the Priesthood is something I aspire to, but haven't made it yet.  As a result, I do not think of myself as a priest.  Truth be told, I've been "Preaching to the Choir", but I'm just now starting to "spread out".  Many things I have encountered and gone through in my life -- both bad and good -- are a perfect example that God is actively involved.  Some I speak or write to know that I am a non-denominational Christian.  Some don't understand what that means, but when they know some of the things I've been through, they start to realize that my survival is certainly more than my will to live and thrive.  I've always said that I'm not a Bible-thumping, proselytizing kind of person.  Just doesn't work for me.   Saw too much of that when I was a kid.  Turned me right off.  LOL.

I'm actually excited to share my life with Darrin.  Even he's amazed at some of the stuff of my life as it is now.  One day, very soon, I'll be able to do that very thing with my grand kids.   And the "Hits just keep on commin'!"  

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 5:16 AM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (5 of 8) 
 133116.5 in reply to 133116.2 

Thank you Caryn for reminding us of that Scripture. 

That is how I have always looked at the purpose  of  this Forum - to help spread the word.

• Edited January 9, 2019 5:29 am  by  Paula (PaulaS44)

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 5:28 AM 
To: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 133116.6 in reply to 133116.3 

Actually, yes we  we are priests!  .  And it says in the Bible that we are a "royal priesthood"

It is stated in 1st Peter 2:9   "But you are chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God who have now obtained mercy.

So yes, according to the Bible we are a "priesthood".  

And I wonder why the Church does not teach that more often. 

• Edited January 10, 2019 4:58 am  by  Paula (PaulaS44)

From: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 5:00 AM 
To: Zerich DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 133116.7 in reply to 133116.6 

See my post above: 

It says

Actually, yes we  we are priests!  .  And it says in the Bible that we are a "royal priesthood"

It is stated in 1st Peter 2:9   "But you are chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God who have now obtained mercy.

So yes, according to the Bible we are a "Royal priesthood".  

And I wonder why the Church does not teach that more often. 

To: Paula (PaulaS44) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 133116.8 in reply to 133116.7 

Thank you Paula. I had heard that before. It is hard to realize.

******************

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.