Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Road To Victory   Handicapping

Started Jun-10 by RAESFAN; 218 views.
RAESFAN

Jun-10

While all eyes were on NY, the only horse to defeat Monomoy Girl, returned to the races at Woodbine. I really hoped she could have made the Oaks, but it wasn't to be. She returned in the Alywow at 6.5f on turf. The Quality Road filly(like Scat Daddy, a huge loss to the breeding game) looked like she never left, defeating her rivals in 1:13.88, in only her third lifetime start. I look forward to her clashing again with MG. That should be something to behold.

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Jun-13

We may see Road To Voctory in the Mother Goose. It is somewhat bothersome that the fillies get so little attention unless they take on the boys. Monomoy Girl is a very good filly, deserving of great praise. Maybe what she needs is a rivalry with another outstanding filly to get the attention she deserves. Hopefully, we will get a rematch of these two in the Mother Goose. I advise you all to go back and watch their battle at Churchill Downs in the Golden Rod. It was one of the best juvy races of last year, when they ran the 8.5f distance a full second faster than Enticed. I am anxious to see them knock heads again. Casse said he didn't tighten the screws for her debut race. Well she better be ready if she meets MG! I personally think Road To Victory has the makings of a truly gifted runner that has barely scratched the surface of her talent.