Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Magnum Moon will not race again-injured   Triple Crown

Started Jun-23 by Wintertrian; 209 views.
Wintertrian

Jun-23

Arkansas Derby winner Magnum Moon sustained a career-ending injury during a workout today at Belmont Park

reminder to self:  NEVER  set on a horse who has sustained an injury as a 2 year old, certainly not for the TC series.  IMHO, he never should have raced in the KY Derby, but won a ticket so owners wanted to go go go  .... probably missed too much training from that ankle injury .... could see that in ARK DERBY and Rebel.....the drifting out was reallly quite severe.   People who liked him kept making excuses for that....

cubs.fan

Jun-27

I saw this coming. I don't think you could pair up a more brittle sire/bms combo than Malibu Moon and Unbridled's Song. 

On another note, Suddenbreakingnews returns to racing on Friday. 6.5f at Albuquerque Downs...?

Plus2lbs

Jun-28

Was wondering why he gave up his chance to win in the Derby, at the the break..

Gerh

Jun-29

Very little transparency in relation to this.They are talking about structural damage but very few specifics being given

Gerh

Jun-30

Suddenbreakingnews finished sixth.Really like this guy but wish they would retire him.I’m having flashbacks to Homeboykris

In reply toRe: msg 5
cubs.fan

Jun-30

He seems to have lost interest in racing after being gelded. Hope he is well taken care of.