Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Instagrand   General Discussions

Started Jun-29 by RAESFAN; 1618 views.
RAESFAN

Jun-29

Hollendorfer has unveiled a nice juvy named Instagrand(1.2M), by Into Mischief, out of a Lawyer Ron mare. I know Los Alamitos is asphalt, but a 10 length win at 5f in :56, is flying. We'll see how far he wants to go.

chroses

Jun-29

Putting him in my virtual stable!

RAESFAN

Jun-29

Reminded a bit of Goldencents, another Into Mischief, in his debut. Strange dosage(2pts). May have a little better breeding for distance on the dam side than Goldencents. I'll let the experts weigh in on that. Visually impressive!

• Edited June 29, 2018 9:22 pm  by  RAESFAN
chroses

Jun-29

Ugh! I’ve never seen a dosage profile of 2 before. He does have Leslie’s Lady in pedigree. 

smartyslew

Jun-29

lots of 14c speed connected thru out 6 lines of nearctic, 4 with nor dan

one into mischiefs bmsire line and this horse own tff line

2nd dams sire line lord at war's grand sire brigadier gerard 14c

all thru the conduit Pretty polly.

being a storm cat/ danzig line thru lawyer ron, guessing 9f tops 

with speed.

RAESFAN

Jun-29

guessing 9f tops with speed.

Sounds almost like Goldencents.

RAESFAN

Jul-1

Watched some two year old races yesterday, and I've got to say the Bashford Manor looked weak. Sir Truebadour(More Than Ready) ticked off a :21 1/5 first quarter and looked ripe for the picking in the stretch, but no one came and got him. The race was run about two seconds slower than the Debutante run earlier. Although I love More Than Ready's progeny, I can't see this one stretching out. However, the one that won earlier, Fluminense, look much more impressive breaking his maiden in his second start. The former seems bred for turf with Sadlers Wells and Nureyev close up, and will probably end up there. Hopefully, the latter will get some stamina from his South American bloodlines on the dam side.

smartyslew

Jul-1

Sir Truebadour is full brother to regally ready and he has the front runner style

with the turf pedigree and is loaded with black type male winners in 5 generations.

his dam hasn't thrown any good runners except with MTR.

his cmp index suggests a sprinter on turf, not the turn of foot

style for 10f and further classic distance with the listed numbers

at the  pedigree query site that suggest a grinder type for 12f

and hes a front runner.

he likes churchill downs and i don't think asmussen will experment to change his style .

he has never had a work further than 4 furlongs and a race further than 6f with a gr 3 win.

only had 6 works and 3 races and rushed to the track at the end of june as a 2yr old.

i wouldn't get my hopes up with this scenario.

RAESFAN

Jul-1

Thanks for the info. Regally Rider was a nice horse; BC winner! i'm sure Asmussen would be fine with a repeat.

In the filly race, sorry to see Payntermaniac break down. If I owned a horse in the Unbridled's Song line that was very fast, I wouldn't race it as a two year old. Many that show that blazing early speed get injured. On the other side of the coin, Restless Rider looks like quite a runner! I thought she was the most impressive horse on the card. 

sphenis

Jul-2

Raes,

Were you able to watch the Debutante? Restless Rider got stuck behind the horse that brokedown, checked (fell back at least 5 lengths after losing momentum) and still won by 11. Very impressive looking 2YO filly.