Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Joe Hirsch Turf Classic S. Grade I   Handicapping

Started Sep-29 by smartyslew; 213 views.
smartyslew

Sep-29

take a look at a european invader:Teadoro with Ryan Moore riding

he might be the speed in the race and could be the reason he was sent over here.

i don't know how good the competition he has faced is. he won a group 3 near the lead

and has been forwardly paced in most of his races.

Carrick has the high bris early speed rating in the last race(10f) 101
Robert Bruce 2nd 88.

check his PP's do you think Carrick(P) strategy will be sent to the front ?

One strategy to be concidered is to have Teadoro on your ticket ?

a lot of closers entered with a turn of foot and the pace might be slower than they like.

one of my favorite closers for the distance is in here, Sadlers Joy and the speed may not be fast

enough for his liking. his strategy mjght be to be closer to the front to have a chance.

Hi Happy has been on the lead and could regain his earlier form and from post 2 could be forwardly placed.

Plus2lbs

Sep-29

My thinking is Barclay Tagg has the #7 Highland Sky primed to turn the tables on a few in here..his barn is  red hot lately...50/1 worth a flyer. Place.

Walk the dog...NYRA For Yea.

• Edited September 30, 2018 1:38 am  by  Plus2lbs
cubs.fan

Sep-29

We were on the same page on this one. Boxed those two with Robert Bruce. Don't know if any of them had an excuse. These horses have been beating up on each other all year. The BC Turf looks like hitting the all button on the foreign invaders type of race to me.

In reply toRe: msg 1
smartyslew

Sep-29

Well the time of the race was what i expected and the cagey Mott had ortiz go to the front from 

the outside and if you look at his last 2 races mott is slowly changing his style.

i didn''t bet the race and sadlers joy finished like i thought only a little weaker.

i'm not surprised lone speed won this race and if you made a good case fot Motts horse

to be there, congrats, good cappin.