Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2018 Arc - 10/7   European Racing

Started Oct-5 by SameSteve G; 1668 views.
SameSteve G

Oct-5

The Big Dance.  Love to see Enable go back to back.  According to her trainer, John Gosden, if she comes out of the race in good order, she's headed to The BC Turf!  Take Enable with Sea Of Class and...Capri.  :)

2018 Arc de Triomphe Runners - Final Stage

1. Defoe
  2. Salouen
  3. Capri
  4. Way To Paris
  5. Waldgeist
  6. Cloth Of Stars
  7. Talismanic
  8. Tiberian
  9. Clincher
  10. Enable
  11. Neufbosc
  12. Patascoy
  13. Kew Gardens
  14. Study Of Man
  15. Louis D'Or
  16. Hunting Horn
  17. Nelson
  18. Magical
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Plus2lbs

Oct-5

Waldgiest is a really nice mover..in top form..should get it done, me thinks.

Always liked the look of Hunting Horn..my Longshot pick.

Good luck to you.

• Edited October 5, 2018 9:10 pm  by  Plus2lbs
SameSteve G

Oct-5

Waldgeist is live, I agree.  He won the prep over the course at the distance & beat a few entered on Sunday.  Looks to be solid 3rd choice in the betting & worth the price.

Good luck, Plus.

Enable is a legit first choice in the betting, Sea Of Class (she looks like a win machine) 2nd choice.  I like those two & went shopping...landed on Capri as a price horse who could benefit from a trip over the course.  Not really confident about that one, though.

Bombers galore for those who like to stab.  :)

In reply toRe: msg 1
SameSteve G

Oct-7

As the French say, Incroyable!   Enable digs in & barely edges the extremely quick afoot, hard-charging 3 year old filly, Sea Of Class...man, what a finish.

Video replay: (call is in French)  Enable is turquoise/white sleeves & solid pink cap.  Sea of Class is Yellow & Black patterned, including cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJNp3BINlE

Plus2lbs

Oct-7

You called it.. 1-2

Way to go man.

That was a thrilling finish..

• Edited October 7, 2018 12:25 pm  by  Plus2lbs
zambito

Oct-7

I had $40 wp on Cloth of Stars. Payday pretty good to place with both favorites coming in. 

SameSteve G

Oct-7

I excel at calling chalk.  :)

The remarkable thing, to me, is that fierce run from next to dead last to a head short of Enable by Sea Of Class.  She did get a double weight break (121) which at 12 f. has to be factored...but still.

SameSteve G

Oct-7

You've got your stars crossed, my friend.  Either that or you're seeing stars.

You must mean Sea Of Class, who ran 2nd.  Cloth Of Stars ran 3rd.  And, TwinkleTwinkleLittleStar not far behind...

zambito

Oct-7

NO. Cloth of Stars came in 3rd which paid $10 to place. There's no show in Europe. 

SameSteve G

Oct-7

So, I'm seeing stars.  :)  

Nicely done, Zambito.  Run 3rd & get paid for 2nd is cool.  I'll remember that for the future.