Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Complexity   Breeders' Cup

Started Oct-6 by RAESFAN; 403 views.
RAESFAN

Oct-6

I was impressed by Complexity's win in the Champagne, but I have to "pump my brakes" a bit as I noticed that it was a one turn mile. he ran the field off their feet, setting fast fractions, then easily holding on to win in fast time. The problem is his breeding shouts all speed, being by Maclean's Music, out of Yes It's True mare. He's talented though, so we'll see how far he wants to go.

smartyslew

Oct-6

I agree 100%, speed, speed and looks talented .

i would have to look at all of his works to see if he has lots of furlongs (works and races)

to get stretched out and carry his speed a distance of ground.

the speedy 21st century darley arabians looks like they need that strategy

or stick to 8.5 furlong or less races.

RAESFAN

Oct-7

Pretty steady work tab since June, but mostly 3 and 4f works. Only one 5f work on 8/26. Not what you want to see, I gather.

smartyslew

Oct-7

he took 3 weeks off after the 5f work, next work 4f on the training track

then 2 good time works at 4f at a different track and has a good trainer.

not sure of Browns work patterns for his 2's.

maybe a little boo boo and time off to protect the horse,

Belmont Park 09/30/2018 Dirt 4F 47.89 Breezing 6/141
Belmont Park 09/22/2018 Dirt 4F 47.82 Breezing 3/51
Saratoga 09/16/2018 Dirt training 4F 50.05 Breezing 36/60
Saratoga 08/26/2018 Dirt 5F 1:00.43
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
RAESFAN

Oct-8

Let's see what he does over the next 4 weeks. The way Chad's going right now, it's hard to question what he's doing.

RAESFAN

Oct-8

I watched the race again, and came away more impressed with 2nd place finisher, Code Of Honor. I didn't realize that that he stumbled at the start, and had to go very wide coming into the stretch. I decided to look into him deeper, and his breeding intrigued me. However, I know it would take those on the forum like yourself, to put it in proper perspective. He has sprinter speed on his dam's(Reunited) side. However, his sire Noble Mission was a long winded turfer from Europe. Code Of Honor looks like a horse that should be all turf, but here he is, looking like a real threat on the dirt. Let me know what you think of him!

PISTOL9

Oct-12

That was my take on that race, CoH.  Picked up GM last off a less than perfect trip in Champagne, but this one does not have quite that pedigree, and as you mentioned, turf.

Edit.  CoH sounding like wiseguy horse now.  I did not realize Shug was the trainer when I wrote this.  That about guarantees everyone to jump on.  Doesn't matter, BB looks to have a winner in this game.  I also heard that BB best is running in the 4th race.  Has Hard Spuns dam down his line.

Edit, well looks like Shugs horse scratched, so a lot of money lost there out of the pool away from GW.  Got a good double with him into my Classic horse.

I was thinking of doing an expediate breakfast exacta, but now thinking I will try to get my energy from a AA battery exacta.  I looked at he younger A races and liked him, good dam, not real crazy about the sire, bu seems ok.  Anyone use TG?  you ever see a horse with the line he has from his beginning race till now?

• Edited November 3, 2018 5:48 am  by  PISTOL9