Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arkansas Derby, Sat 4/13   Triple Crown

Started Apr-10 by Wintertrian; 4041 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-13

FWIW, I don't think Omaha wins this.  

Wintertrian

Apr-13

DogsUp said...

Good decision. Monsoon track today.

I think your guy Lee may win race 9.   Otherwise, I like Lone Sailor or Remembering Rita (longshot)

DogsUp

Apr-13

Line Sailor 2nd kind'a puts some sauce on my mention of a jock ~ Prat  going to a track for the meet while waiting out for the big gun runners to be shipped in for him to ride. Let's see what he does in the Derby.

(d)

• Edited April 13, 2019 7:21 pm  by  DogsUp
Msg 1184.24 deleted
Wintertrian

Apr-13

Plus2lbs said...

Jockey switch to Rosario on Country House

Ran 3rd.   
The race turned out very "formful" in reality. "
VERY HAPPY for Mandella and horse!

Gerh

Apr-13

Smith looked like he had plenty in reserve.

Msg 1184.27 deleted
zowcownow

Apr-13

Bold move by Smith on Omaha Beach and Ortiz on Improbable.   Didn't bet the race, was hoping Gray Attempt/ Stewart Elliot pulled a surprize.   Stewart Elliot was on top of the world when he rode Smarty Jones in 2004.....now nadda.   Note -- Improbable was scary good with the addition of blinkers and Improbable has a win at Churchill Downs. Shhhhh......keep this info on the lowdown.   

smartyslew

Apr-13

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy ,you said:     but the horses on the west coast have been eating everyone's lunch for quite a while.

I think  They have been eating their own lunch and that might be the reason they do so good.

Mandella finally got a good one for the derby and i'm happy for him. he might be an exception

and he, his horse might be eating everyones lunch this year.

I played a Hollendorfer, mandella, mott top 3 in the Ark. Derby looking for new lunches....

In reply toRe: msg 26
PISTOL9

Apr-13

and there's the probable favorite.  couldn't have been better.    Might see double digits now.   Slight concern it the KD comes up wet yet once again this year, which has thrown me off the last two years (for exotics).  Points and move on a bit more quiet.  Does Smith stay?