Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TOP 5 for the WIN - APRIL 16   Triple Crown

Started Apr-17 by Wintertrian; 4897 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-17

Approx 3 weeks to go, who are your Top 5 to Win  (not exotics, place, show, etc.) 
You must eliminate 15 horses to make a win list, which is difficult this early. 
You may choose 3 additional "On The Bubble" horses as well. 

(No order)

War of Will
Win Win Win
Improbable
Tax
Country House 

On the bubble: haven't decided yet:
Game Winner 
Code of Honor 
Vekoma
Haikal

smartyslew

Apr-17

There are horses in the top 20 points i haven't even looked at yet.

so far for a fast track 4/17:

Game Winner 

SameSteve G

Apr-17

In no particular order:

Tacitus

Tax

Omaha Beach

Improbable

Game Winner

Oldbettowin

Apr-17

Well we have no post positions or even riders at this point and with the points system (ugh) a bunch of them are again basically the same horse.  I expect this year’s race to mirror the races of the last few years, i.e. a close up stalking position for the eventual winner.  I still wish they’d go back to graded earnings; maybe then we would get to see another filly in the race.  

I’ve kind of warmed up on Max after looking over the pp’s and right now at least I envision Omaha B leading the way into the stretch then Max overtaking him.  So for the win...Maximum Security.  Other really talented horses in the race:  Omaha Beach...Vekoma...Improbable...Game Winner....taking a stand against Roadster lol.

Wintertrian

Apr-17

smartyslew said...

There are horses in the top 20 points i haven't even looked at yet.

That is why I dated this topic.   It's 3 weeks to the KY Derby for this one. 

RAESFAN

Apr-17

1. Omaha Beach

2. Maximum Security

3. Win Win Win

4. Vekoma

5. Tacitus

Bubble:

1. Game Winner

2. Roadster

3. Spinoff

chroses

Apr-17

Omaha Beach

Tacitus

Roadster

Maximum Security 

Spinoff

PISTOL9

Apr-17

Still only have the one for the win.  and the other for an ITM finish.  Of course that is not good for the payouts, but a little better than it was looking a few weeks ago, both coming in with 0fer 2019.

Have never had a year were top ones remained consistent.  Looking for underneath I like one of your bubble horses,  it is going to be a Hard Spun year there as well, add in a Tale of Verve gd.  Surprised by all the other Taxes, must be that time of year, but I do like this Tax.  WWW rounding out the bottom. 

Max sec, I liked in the FD, but cannot take at his possible odds and not facing stiff pace into the KD.  I keep seeing NYD there which is making me keep reconsidering him as that was another I really liked.  I also will probably have  to play Tacitus in the bottom, but do not want to.  Omaha, lots in his pedigree that have not fared well in KD, another may reluctantly put on bottom just a saver, not heavy.  Country House, has No Class rf, ped looks decent, but cannot get excited about how he is running.

cubs.fan

Apr-17

Win only:

Game Winner

Maximum Security

Omaha Beach

Anothertwistafate

War of Will

RAESFAN

Apr-17

It could very well be a Hard Spun year as his daughter, Out For A Spin, is in my top three for the Oaks.