Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

ON the CDX grounds as of April 16th   Triple Crown

Started Apr-19 by Wintertrian; 543 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-19

If being at CDX early is an "angle" for you, here's who is there early:
And, by the way, I left the spelling intact, directly FROM the Kentucky Derby "official site".  Pretty sad they can't even spell the horses name right (Anothertwistafate)

Omaha
Tacitus
Country House
By My Standards
Improbable

Long Range Toddy 
Plus Que Parfait 
Anothertwistoffate (waiting for defections)

SameSteve G

Apr-19

Wintertrian said:

Pretty sad they can't even spell the horses name right (Anothertwistafate)

You're not kidding.  That's inexcusably poor.

Gerh

Apr-19

I was out to dinner during the Arkansas Derby and was trying to sneak a look at the race on my phone.I wasn’t sure if Country House was third so I checked the points standings on the derby website.Omaha had 137.5 points  but Country House had only 30 points.Pretty sad

RAESFAN

Apr-21

Not so much an angle for me, but works on that surface can sometimes provide me with more pertinent data. The track can be "quirky".

Wintertrian

Apr-21

yeah that is tricky, I remember so many years where the talking heads were ooohing and ahhhing about 1 or 2 horses working at CDX before the derby........and then they don't hit the board

ShaddyisBack

Apr-30

Couple of things brought up and or found elsewhere. Improbable and his workout, posted that he is pulling his head to the right. Maybe, that was why Baffert tried the blinkers. Did it in his workout, last one when approaching the team horse.

Go back and watch his Rebel, he does it coming down the stretch and then is passed by toddy. (blinkers off) Think that may have just been a bad ride. I do worry with him coming out of the 5 hole, horses everywhere, can he settle.

Wintertrian

May-1

He's always done that.  Bad form.  Like Vekoma's spaghetti legs. 
It just depends on whether you want to take horses like that. 
I know a chiropractor wouldn't. :) 

I reallly need to make friends with a chiropractor before next year's derby. I used to know the one Larry Jones uses who lives here in hot springs, but I never run into him at the races anymore. :(