Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Plus Que Parfait   Triple Crown

Started Apr-21 by Wintertrian; 520 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-21

I think the KY Derby will be too short of a distance for him to get rolling.  I really love the horse, and as you know, from years past, I was always a big fan or Brendan Walsh and very happy he got the win in Dubai.  I really wish they would sit out til the Belmont.  I guess the Derby could be considered a "prep" for the Belmont here......and horse has plenty of time to rest up for the Belmont?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Apr-21

I don't know whether to use him here or not.  Horse appears to have a maturity factor beyond what most in the Derby have. 

Gerh

Apr-21

Walsh said he didn’t want to go to Dubai unless he felt the horse was good enough.I gotta think he would feel the same way about the K.D.This guy will be interesting to watch in the next two weeks

Oldbettowin

Apr-21

TBH I don’t care much for him at all, and in fact might be one of my picks to finish last.  But then that’s what I thought about Bravazo last year and he goes and finishes 6th so what do I know?

Wintertrian

Apr-21

Oldbettowin said...

TBH I don’t care much for him at all, and in fact might be one of my picks to finish last.  But then that’s what I thought about Bravazo last year and he goes and finishes 6th so what do I know?

6th is still off the ticket.  
I think Walsh knew he had to get the high points and Dubai looked like the way to get them.  I suspect the owners have Derby fever or he wouldn't be running here, and wouldn't have gone to Dubai.   His best bet is in the Belmont, but .......derby fever. 
Hope he doesn't leave his Belmont race on the track at CDX. I'd be thrilled to see Walsh win a TC race.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Apr-27

Gerh said...

Walsh said he didn’t want to go to Dubai unless he felt the horse was good enough.I gotta think he would feel the same way about the K.D.This guy will be interesting to watch in the next two weeks

Plus Que has been training to win.  Make no mistake about that.  And, something U.S.er's need to remember, he was over there where owners spend a LOT of money and time to get their horses into condition.  He wasn't running against the proverbial tomato cans.   And he didn't have lasix so it's not like he is going to be recuperating from that effort.   If anything, it was an excellent conditioning and he only has to recuperate from the travel, which he will have more than enough time to do.  Recuperating from drugs is much harder of a task.   So he will have that in his favor.  In other words, I would not be worrying about a "bounce" at all with him. 

Isn't there some kind of computation for seconds when they run over there, they run several seconds more than our horses on that surface --- I remember last year when Castellano couldn't get by Thundersnow --- no way no how and track records broken by the likes of Thundersnow, Mendelssohn, Frosted, etc.  

Gerh

Apr-27

Walsh didn’t rush him back either.The horse stayed in Dubai for 12 days .Santana is a good jockey  and has ridden him before.Wouldn’t shock me if he hit the board

In reply toRe: msg 4
ChiefsCrown

Apr-27

Would not surprise me if he hits the bottom of the exotics next Saturday. He had one bad race (Risen Star) other than that seemed to run credible races against fields of no less than 10 horses. 

PQP and Haikal are definately 2 flying off the radar as everyone is on Roadster, OB, GW and Tacitus. Can't play them all so i might take a shot w/PQP in a super.