Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Top 5 to WIN April 23   Triple Crown

Started Apr-23 by Wintertrian; 5025 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-23

Okay, new week.  Approx 2 weeks to derby.  I went back to my top 2 horses I liked all during prep season (CoH, Improbable), and deleted one.
Anybody change their minds about anything since last week?  Top 5 is for the WIN only + 2 bubble horses:

No order:

Code of Honor
Improbable
Win Win Win
Tax
War of Will 

On the bubble: 
Game Winner 

Tacitus

RAESFAN

Apr-23

No movement for me:

1. Omaha Beach

2. Maximum Security

3. Win Win Win

4. Vekoma

5. Tacitus

Bubble:

1. Game Winner

2. Roadster

3. Spinoff

Wintertrian

Apr-23

just the thought that I have to weave other horses into this list for exotics, plus figure out how to use the ones I like for a win, looks pretty much like an impossible task at the moment  LOL

Oldbettowin

Apr-23

Maximum Security

Omaha Beach, Improbable

Country House, Vekoma, Haikal

Game a Winner

cubs.fan

Apr-23

I think I'm down to three:

1. Game Winner

2. Maximum Security

3. Omaha Beach

Wintertrian

Apr-23

So brave and decisive!

RAESFAN

Apr-24

I don't think I will change much from here, with the possible exception of Improbable. I want to settle on 8 horses to use in some fashion, and he's just outside the top 8. Based on their final works at CD, I could be swayed, but my top 5 are probably solid for the top 2 slots in my trifecta.

twoshots

Apr-24

cubs.fan said:

1. Game Winner 2. Maximum Security 3. Omaha Beach

Gotta agree with these 3, though I'll go 1 Max Security, and 2/3 Omaha Beach and Game Winner. For the win only, looking for more odds, I like 4) Tax and, for a possibility to pick up all the pieces, 5) Cutting Humor.

Not the same as the horses I like the best. Simply for rooting interest, with no bets, I'd pull for Omaha Beach, Tacitus, Code of Honor and for the name, Long Range Toddy.

zambito

Apr-24

Roadster 

Game Winner 

Maximum Security 

Omaha Beach 

Code of Honor 

Wintertrian

Apr-24

6 horses is my limit, unless I'm "fantasy betting on paper".    

I do, after all, have bills to pay and groceries to buy, and having NOT won a big pick 6 or a $90K + derby superfecta yet, I'm afraid my bank account doesn't have a bankroll of the sort I would need for 8 horses.  Which would be 40% of the field.  

There are too many "every day races" I can put money on and make a profit.

And I remind myself, KY Derby is a chaos race.  If it comes up slop, even moreso.   Not a scenario where I want to risk a lot. 

IN theory, with a super hefty bankroll, I think many of us could "hit" the derby superfecta on paper.......but few of us will hit it with limited funds "in reality"........one day I need to find 5-6 people to go in on a ticket w/me.  Unfortunately I don't even KNOW any horse race people in real life  .