Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Oaks Picks   Triple Crown

Started Apr-24 by RAESFAN; 2027 views.
RAESFAN

Apr-24

As usual, the fillies get little attention coming up on the Oaks. Is it about Bellafina and the rest? I don't think so. Other than Bellafina, very few of these fillies won multiple preps this year, but she may have to pass more horses than she is used to. There are a lot of horses in the race that have won gate to wire in their careers. It will probably be a scrum at the start, and Bellafina didn't do so well in a crowded field, at this same track in the BC Juvenile Filly. So if she doesn't win, who will?

I am not feeling good about any of the other speed in the race, as they will likely compromise each other. There is a LOT of speed in here. Who will come running when the Jaywalks, Out For A Spins, Motion Emotions, Serengeti Empresses, Cookie Doughs, and others began to tire?

1) Restless Rider - Always first or second in all her starts, and she looked a little short in her only 2019 start. Expect her to move forward, though I would have liked at least two 2019 preps.

2) Lady Apple - One of those late blooming Curlins, that has improved markedly as a sophomore. She has speed as well, but showed in the Fantasy that she can sit off a quick pace. I expect her to beat Restless Rider to the punch, and hold her off down the stretch.

I'll probably double those two with Maximum Security, Omaha Beach, and Win Win Win for my Oaks/Derby bet. 

• Edited April 24, 2019 9:11 am  by  RAESFAN
PISTOL9

Apr-24

I have not looked at them much, need to watch some races, but your #1 I have been on last BC and the Ashland so cannot get off now.  Also thinking about some champagne.  anyone for some on oaks day?  I normally have mimosas.

Oldbettowin

Apr-24

Haven’t looked at them at all Raes.  Who won the Ashland?  I’m actually in Scotland right now and won’t be back until next Thursday, might need some help

RAESFAN

Apr-24

Out For A Spin won the Ashland.  She pressed BC Juvy winner, Jaywalk for the first part of the race, then took over the lead. Restless Rider looked for a moment like she might come and get her, but she hung late. The layoff probably got to RR.

ChiefsCrown

Apr-25

Still can't find Bris pp's for the Oaks. 

So far with little run styles to go on i'm going with Bellafina, Jaywalk and Jeltrin unless i find the above stated pp's.

ChiefsCrown

Apr-25

Pistol........

Thanks for the PP's!!! Now i have some studying to do!

Thanks again!

CC

ChiefsCrown

Apr-25

Pistol.....

Just breezing thru the pp's, looks like its going to be a very fast race. Only one deep closer and one presser! Those might be in my tri from the looks of it.

PISTOL9

Apr-25

I would not put too much effort in that list  right now, that is just by points.  I don't think the Oaks has an interest anywhere near the degree the Derby does.  Some of those points leader may not even be considering.  Probably the local trainers, but cannot count on all.  That is one of many reasons I do not spend much time looking at the Oaks till I see a more definitive list, like the entries.

In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Apr-26

eh.  Fillies......you guys know my pattern, if Larry Jones has a filly in a big race,  I bet on it.  Lately, if he has anything in a race, I bet on it.  LOL