Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Code of Honor    Pedigree/Breeding

Started Apr-24 by Ticketman; 2916 views.
cubs.fan

Apr-30

I am begrudgingly going to include Code of Honor in most of my tris and supers. I don't know why I soured him in the first place, as he would've been my BC Juv pick had he ran. Maybe it's Mt. Livermore on the bottom, but there's plenty above to show that he should relish classic distances.

Oldbettowin

Apr-30

I’ll give you Orb and MTB but Super Saver was a stalker, not a closer and never farther back than about 5th or 6th.

Wintertrian

May-2

Ticketman said...

Not many

Then it's not a large enough sample size (for me) to have real relevancy. 

At any rate, I guess that's why his odds are higher.  He's one of those some people are willing to take a risk on. 

Over 1/2 of the horses in the field have zero ky derby winners in their female family.....ever........but plenty of people will be betting on them, and many are chalk.  Others don't have conduit mares that are type to win Derby.   Those would be the ones I personally would not take a risk on.  ;)  

BUt everyone caps differently, and in this kind of field, I wouldn't even begin to criticize anybody's picks.   Their methods, maybe, but not their picks.  

So good luck to ya, TM.  

Ticketman

May-2

GL brotha ... tough Derby this year ....

ShaddyisBack

May-3

Curious if you read that link about the breeding and the horse coming up 0-0-0-0-0 ? no Dr. Roman, no numbers....

Big business there for someone

Ticketman

May-3

No sure what that's about bro ? 

ShaddyisBack

May-3

I thought the article was linked in this thread. Maybe I seen it somewhere else. Anyway, it was a long article, The Breeder was all set to breed two horses and notice that the numbers when the 2 were bred would be 0-0-0-0-0. This is because Dr. Roman stopped posting numbers. Thus, newer horse are getting no numbers and older horses are not being updated.

I may have seen it on blood horse, or somewhere else. Maybe just looking up the numbers trying to find updates.

It had mentioned the horse that won back years ago with a 9.00 was a year later moved to under 4 and so on. Going forward, they are going to be usless

Wintertrian

May-3

No, they're not.  There is a guy in UK who took over doing them, and also a group in australia.