Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No shock here, KY horsemen want drugs to stay legal...   General Discussions

Started Apr-29 by TexSquared; 577 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-30

Guess it's time to stop playing U.S. tracks if our race day drugging doesn't stop.  Rest of world and all that, but I do really look on it as a form of cruelty for the horses. Horseman need to educate themselves and learn how to MANAGE EIPH

ShaddyisBack

Apr-30

Going to be Honest with you, I am a small business owner, and economist via College. What is happening in deregulation NOW, and Certain admins. back is nothing short of corrupt for the million and billionaire. I am 54 now and never thought this country would allow sell out for greed. 

They support it thru think tanks that post online in political forums, Zero Hedge, and other places. I pretty much keep my mouth shut. But as with so many, we too are going backwards financially. Losing ground because I just cant make enough to keep up with Inflation, while they tell me there is NO inflation.

This Drug thing is a small microcosm of a HUGE picture in every industry where all are doing the same thing. Cut the regs put in place to help the people, land, horses, animal, planet for the betterment of CASH, Bling, trophies, for a few .

It is very very scary at my age, no retirements anymore, SS is broke and losing money, medical (forget about it)... So here we are, drug horse for a few to win ! Really sad...

Wintertrian

May-2

ShaddyisBack said...

What is happening in deregulation NOW

Read up on one of the latest stories about the teen girl at camp who got bit by a snake......4 vials of anti venom cost her family $143,000.  
No regs of pharma industry, and then the hospital marked them up 5x from the already outrageous cost. 
Go over border to mexico or canada, same vials cost $100 each. 

You can find the story easily......it was all over the news recently.

ShaddyisBack

May-2

I use to gripe here, but figured once a year it isnt fair to the regular people. I am all over twitter, chat rooms, stock rooms, Zero Hedge blasting away.

Almost criminal what has happened. Then you get the one off's who are Good (great) people that are older than me, I am 54. Lets say you are sound mind, 70 years old, grew up in the era, have a home, paid for, insurance through your retirement, and your only problem is watching your children suffer. You think "why cant they do as well as I did" Or their great grandchildren on dope, or working at a 12$ job. They are dissapointed and vote accordingly the neocon. way.

THat isnt the fix, this started in 84 with massive tax cuts to the rich. Those very people now have so much money they control the worlds economy with their friends zt the FED, Investment banks. They also support 20 plus Neoconservative think tanks that pummel the internet with posters, propaganda, christian support the Israel way and so on.

All of this is destroying the working class ability to survive slowly, a little at a time. If they did it in one swoop. You would go from 1983 one worker making enough to cover all bills to 2019 2 workers and barley enough to get by.

it isnt one thing, it is everything a little bit... It isnt christian or not, it is MONEY, Greed, and the ability for them to make 8B in one year on investments, that is absurd. And still, there will be a guy that says, he earned it, he saved it. That is true and you cant argue it. BUT ! It was our govt. job to look after all people, the way FDR did, if things get too far out of control, like now, you must move mountains to fix it. This would mean doing what FDR did in the 30s, tax the rich at 80% and the people at nothing.

What else is there ? Anyway, sorry, and this is not meant to argue, just the truth. The right wing neo think tanks argue against this because it is their job to do so. To keep the status quo for the Koch Brothers and others. I have no insurance right now, and pray nothing happens.

Wintertrian

May-2

my advice is to get off that train. 

I was once quite political in my younger days.... now I just enjoy horse racing, my family and friends, fishing, and try to help rescue dogs and people/orgs in my local community. 

It will improve your health.  ;)  

cubs.fan

May-2

Hear, hear. I used to work in politics. It is much worse than you can think of.

The system is rigged for the wealthy and moneyed interests, no matter of the color of the team they root for. For 40 years, they've successfully pitted us against each other through wedge issues, using sleight of hand to rob us blind through a massive redistribution of wealth to the top.

ShaddyisBack

May-3

Perfectly said...

Yep, been off the fighting train for a while and have this very opinion. 

Insane to think there are so many Obtuse people out there. Today's Jobs report will run the market up yet again. Rich laugh all the way to the bank and the 1 Million homeless people (not included anymore) in the Unemployment rate Stats will struggle for food.

Just crazy....