Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CONGRATULATIONS TVG   General Discussions

Started Apr-30 by zambito; 1522 views.
zambito

Apr-30

TVG gets the "CLUELESS" award in sports. Here we are on the post drawing for America's biggest race and they're not covering it but showing a Porcelain dish informetial during that time. Not even NBCS is showing the draw. Just sad the state of our sport in the new media era.

• Edited April 30, 2019 9:39 am  by  zambito
PISTOL9

Apr-30

Very well could be broadcasting rights.  

Early post, WoW, that will take some steam off that one.  TDN had him the 3rd pick.  WWW gets 14 and the Japanese horse is out in the crash position post 15.

• Edited April 30, 2019 11:16 am  by  PISTOL9
Wintertrian

Apr-30

post up the positions here when done

cubs.fan

Apr-30

Ugh, my three value horses underneath got 3 of the worst 4 posts (WoW, WWW, and Country House). #14 may not be as obvious, but take a look at the comment lines in the charts for the #14. Bad news. Visions of Classic Empire being mauled out of the gate come to mind. WWW may only have to worry about Spinoff sideswiping him, but if he walks out of the gate, it might not matter.

Also, Mike Smith should be wary of Maragh right next to him on the inside. Don't be surprised if he has Haikal break outwards.

smartyslew

Apr-30

Looks like Omaha beach received a good draw........

until i saw the jock next to him...

PISTOL9

Apr-30

My top is on the bad side of the helicopter.  But good post if it comes up wet like the last two years where you had to be inside, actually my 2nd is OK for that as well.

twoshots

Apr-30

Here are the post-draw Brisnet PPs:

http://www.brisnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Derby19.pdf

My pick so far is Maximum Security but it looks like I'll have to reevaluate for a sloppy track

RAESFAN

Apr-30

I am actually thrilled with WWW's post. He has some space to avoid getting shut down early, so he can use some of his speed to get better early position. At least that's what I'm hoping for. He could break badly from any post, and some would be much more problematic. 

I'm also happy with the odds of four of my top 5, even though they probably won't remain at those odds.

#6 Vekoma - 20/1

#14 Win Win Win - 15/1

#7 Maximum Security - 10/1

#8 Tacitus - 10/1

All good gates!

SameSteve G

Apr-30

At least there should be very little doubt who is going to be making the early pace.  Hopefully, nobody gets hurt.