Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Omaha Beach Scratched   General Discussions

Started May-1 by Gerh; 1642 views.
Gerh

May-1

Will miss the derby to to an entrapped epiglottis per DRF

In reply toRe: msg 1
GamblingMel

May-1

This just ruins everything for me.  I'm so bummed that this has happened.  What if it's not even true?  What if some bad people got to Richard Mandella and threatened him?   I just refuse to believe that that this has happened.

bestgtor22

May-1

Well that will change things up quite a bit.

zambito

May-1

Really???  I've been saying this for years. Used to love the guy but his record outside California in the last 10 years is dreadful.  I wish the horse the best to get well. But I said one hour before the announcement was made...

"I can't predict who's going to win the race. But I can be pretty sure it won't be Omaha Beach."

SameSteve G

May-1

Sorry to hear it.  Such a nice, nice horse.   On the bright side, he'll recover & make noise down the road.  Feel for Mandella & his team.

GamblingMel

May-1

Tough go for the Mandella team, Mike Smith, etc.  Does this mean that Mike will take the reigns on Cutting Humor or did that horse finally find a jockey?

Gerh

May-1

Poor Mandella.Looks like the derby gods will shine on the white haired one once again.Now I just have to figure out what to do with Bodexpress 

GamblingMel

May-1

Now it looks like another Baffert payday . . .