Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What if Haikal is scratched?   Triple Crown

Started May-2 by bestgtor22; 1097 views.
bestgtor22

May-2

What if Haikal is scratched? Will they leave the 1st gate unfilled this time with 19 running or just move the outer horses another spot in?

TexSquared

May-2

I was thinking the same thing.  They could go either way.   I believe the safer way is to move the inner horses out one post and leave the 1 gate empty, so War of Will isn't so close to the rail and has a bit more breathing room.  (but as explained, WOW will officially still be post 1 despite using the 2 stall...)

When OB was scratched they had to move everybody in one in order to get Bodexpress into the 20. Now that there aren't any AE's left to need to move into the 20 again, they can start moving outward instead.

Wintertrian

May-2

is haikal in danger of scratching?

DogsUp

May-2

Being treated at the barn for foot abscess, soaking in Epson salt and water.

Friday 9 am is scratch dead line.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

May-2

DogsUp said...

Being treated at the barn for foot abscess, soaking in Epson salt and water.

Friday 9 am is scratch dead line.

Can't use.   I have a heel condition that comes and goes, like a bursitis.   There are days where it hurt me to walk my dog.

THey will scratch.   Unless you get strong corticosteriod injections, nothing will take down that kind of inflammation to a level where you could run 1-1/4 in a Ky Derby.   Ouchie Ouchie Ouchie!

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gerh

May-2

I think they could still scratch on Saturday.There are no AEs left,so it shouldn’t make a difference 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

May-2

I was just interested in how they will do the gate positions when and if haikal scratches.  Tex said it can go 2 ways.

Gerh

May-2

I was just replying to Dogs post.If Haikal scratches the 1 will remain empty.

In reply toRe: msg 8
cubs.fan

May-2

I hope Haikal is OK and they do right by him. However, as a bettor, he was one of these easiest tosses for me.

Gerh

May-2

Pretty sure he will scratch.I wasn’t going to use him either