Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Big $ Mike   General Discussions

Started May-3 by honneerider; 665 views.
honneerider

May-3

From Churchill Downs PR. 

Breaking: Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith to replace Corey Lanerie aboard Cutting Humor in @KentuckyDerby. More to come.

Northof64

May-3

Bummer.  Now I bet his odds drop to about 15 to 20-1.

Oldbettowin

May-3

He was already getting plenty of talk as a dark horse for the win but I’ve been burned before by the Sunland.  Can’t do it.

Northof64

May-3

Me too.  Hence anyone???  I only have him underneath but would be surprised if he finishes in the top 10.

SameSteve G

May-3

My opinion?  Mike should have told Teflon, "No thanks."

Northof64

May-3

I felt Corey would have done just fine if not better than $$ but it was probably some uninformed fat cats decision who didn't realize Corey is the top jock at Chuchill. Hope I get proven wrong :)

SameSteve G

May-3

It's a rare day, indeed, that Mikey will hurt your chances. He certainly won't hurt Cutting Humor's chances.  I also agree about your assessment of Lanerie.  Underrated & really knows his way around Church.

I simply thought it would be ultra-classy if Big Money said, "No."

Of course, the critical question is whether or not Cutting Humor is good enough.  

PISTOL9

May-3

I was thinking of playing since Corey likes to Borail, but MS won't do that, not sure if I would play it now.

In other happenings, IHA sister scratched today

honneerider

May-3

I so agree with you. 

I can almost hear TAP’s emotionless response.

Bob Baffert won  this one on class.