Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness    Triple Crown

Started May-9 by Ticketman; 8425 views.
Ticketman

May-9

I have a strange angle on the Preakness , that will no doubt get bashed , like normal , but here it is regardless . 

Since 1970 .... 

I look at the first horse inside a horse's pedigree, that is in Bold Lettering, in both the 3rd and 5th Generation ....

Since 1970 there has been only 1 Horse that has ever entered the Preakness with both a First Horse in Bold Lettering ....5th Generation Native Dancer and 3rd Generation Seattle Slew .... 

That horse ..... Preakness Winner .... 2003 Funny Cide 

Not saying this horse will win ....even though I bet him at 7-1 ... real small ..

But I like the combo of my sample above and Bob Baffert ( Most wins at Preakness ) 

Horse .....Improbable 

Guys when I put out these weird angles with no sample sizes .... don't bash me for just something I notice , just getting another look that most would not or take seriously ...Yes I lost with my Code of Honor angle ...big deal ... it happens 

By the way ... that's 486 Entered horses .... and just one horse ever had the combo above ...

Oldbettowin

May-9

Well he’s the early favorite so if you already have him at 7-1 you probably got a good deal.

Ticketman

May-9

Sure did 

05/08
10:07 AM 
Future/Prop
Pending
Horse Racing Futures Preakness Stakes Preakness Stakes Improbable +700 for To Win The Preakness Stakes

05/07
10:30 PM
Future/Prop
Pending
Horse Racing Futures Preakness Stakes Preakness Stakes Improbable +700 for To Win The Preakness Stakes
PISTOL9

May-9

That seems a bit trivial, but you can also ad in; both have Luiana not bad there either.   I am surprised you got those odds on the 8th.   I have seen a couple places mentioning probables, these from CBS:

Anothertwistafate
Improbable
GAME WINNER
WAR OF WILL
Win Win Win
Bodexpress
Roadster
SIGNALMAN
Bourbon War
Owendale
Alwaysmining
Sueno
Laughing Fox

I've got to believe or hope that CBS is clueless about Roadster or Game Winner are going.  Is BB Lukas now?  Speaking of which, I've got to believe he has one somewhere if there is an opening.    I saw another list of possibles on bloodhorse which did not have those two that seemed more reasonable.

Ticketman

May-9

PISTOL9 said:

Sueno

So far ... what I have ...not running 

Sueno

Roadster

Win Win Win

GAME WINNER

In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

May-9

I was hoping Haikal would run in the preakness.  I had him pencilled in for the win.  Oh well.

DogsUp

May-9

Delta jockey in the Preakness...John Velazquez. 

development..Not running

• Edited May 9, 2019 10:39 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
Wintertrian

May-9

Brad Cox is running Warrior's Charge in the Preakness.  Florent rode both him and Owendale so not sure who riders will be.
Warrior's Charge is fast; front runner.
Never has run out of the $$   won 2 at Oaklawn; ran 3rd the other 3 times at Oaklawn and CDX

Oldbettowin

May-9

Be interesting to see what the local Alwaysmining and the Pat Day Mile winner Mr. Money do.