Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NBA   Off Topic

Started May-15 by Northof64; 253 views.
Northof64

May-15

Looks like you and me in the eastern conference finals. Good luck to you may the winner take it all!!! Would rather be playing the sixers  

TexSquared

May-15

Not surprised we're the underdogs here... and it showed tonight.  The Raptors never put teams away early, even bad ones... they tend to let them come back and make it close. We could have a huge halftime lead... but win/lose by 1 point at the end after giving up the lead and exchanging baskets the rest of the way.

Northof64

May-26

Good luck against the warriors tex!! Go get the trophy. I wish your team well!

TexSquared

May-26

Thanks N64!   I was in shock at how the series turned around the way it did.  I'd almost lost hope after we lost games 1 and 2. No way did I expect us to win 4 straight like that.   

And TBH, there is absolutely no gloating from me at all.  Your team could have taken this easily.  It seems to be a pattern with the Raptors, we either are losing big early and have to come from off the pace (which you saw; this has been an issue all season and thru the playoffs), or we get a big lead on the other team but slack off in the 3rd quarter, let the other guys catch up and tie it (or pass us), and we have to fight back to win in the 4th or OT (and worse, have to do that with Leonard or Gasol in foul trouble).  They did this against good teams and lottery teams. They just don't blow teams out by the end of 3.

I always felt this was going to bite us in the ass eventually, and for several games this series it looked like your guys were going to.  Hasn't happened yet...