Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chad Brown fined $1.6 million   General Discussions

Started May-23 by Wintertrian; 570 views.
Wintertrian

May-23

after government investigation that he didn't pay grooms, hotwalkers, etc. among other things.  What a shame backside workers are treated like this by an Eclipse Award winning trainer.   For shame!   A successful trainer doesn't even pay his help fairly. -- these poor people who work so  hard behind the scenes.....not getting paid for their hours worked.  He falsified records, timesheets, etc.  

What a CREEP.

https://www.saratogian.com/news/labor-investigation-targets-area-racing-trainer-brown/article_c2d59daa-7cb7-11e9-99e5-8bba3a1bee86.html

Really, w/out some kind of federal regulation and centralized accountable body, with the graft corruption and drugs and horse abuse in U.S. racing, I don't see much future.   

I suspect what happened in Brown's operation is pretty widespread, too.  I support banning him.........for life.  Don't need low lifes like this in racing.

Plus2lbs

May-23

Disgusted..I am

Oldbettowin

May-23

I thought not paying your employees/contractors/creditors was a virtue now, and shows good business acumen? (Sarcasm)

Gerh

May-23

Total scumbag.Its not like these people make decent money to begin with.I would suspend him and publish a list of all his clients.Its about time owners stood up and took some responsibility .

RAESFAN

May-23

Sound a bit like Yoda there. Brown has apparently been seduced by the dark side.

ChiefsCrown

May-23

I see slave labor's alive and well in the 21st century....amazing! Can't believe i read about this.

Msg 1245.7 deleted
RAESFAN

May-24

Sometimes who we actually are, come through our fingers, out to the world. I’m sure “tough” is very much who you are!

Msg 1245.9 deleted
PISTOL9

May-24

I never understood how he became the golden boy, I always suspected him due to who he came up under. 

I heard some in the industry upset about immigration stuff, but it was obvious they were upset about not being able to get illegals in to work for cheaper.