Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What PPS to USE   Handicapping

Started Jun-1 by zowcownow; 237 views.
zowcownow

Jun-1

I've always been a DRF user but lately, I miss information that I would have noticed years ago.   Maybe its age....maybe its noise/distractions.  Not sure.  Maybe its an overload of info.  

So, I'm in search of the perfect PPs.   

Since I review a bunch of races, I always look for free info  I get the Brisnet Ultimate PPs from this link. http://www.horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm

So, I have grown accustomed to the Ultimate PPs.   But once again --- too much info.   I'll focus on  Prime Power info, most of the time 2 of the top 3 runners are listed in this 3 horse group.  Then check out important stuff of each horse - workouts - distances - run well at track. 

I emailed Brisnet and they sent me this link.   Here's all the different product they sell.  Neat huh?

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/HTML/samples.html

I know how to handicap.  I'm just trying to find a product that's easy to review and make putting a pick 3 together in less than 5 minutes simple or finding a horse to bet $20 to win painless.  Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.  

Wintertrian

Jun-1

zowcownow said...

I'm just trying to find a product that's easy to review and make putting a pick 3 together in less than 5 minutes simple or finding a horse to bet $20 to win painless.  Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.  

If picking winners was painless AND only took 5 mintues or less, a lot more people would be into horse racing.
Let me know if you find out how to do this; you might very well be racing's savior.  

I like Brisnet ultimate PPs myself.  I've only used DRF for stuff like Tomlinson's on wet and this year those were all wrong.  Plus, I get Brisnet free when I wager at twinspires. 

TexSquared

Jun-2

There's no such thing as the "perfect PP's".  Some want the "information overload" of something like the Brisnet Ultimates, while at the other extreme, "sheet" players (Ragozin and Thorograph, and arguably Timeform) want each PP line simplified down to just one number.

Put another way, your "perfect PP's" are the ones that get you the results (profits)  you want.  And what works for you might not work for somebody else.