Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Max. Security   General Discussions

Started Jun-14 by Oldbettowin; 602 views.
Oldbettowin

Jun-14

Prepping for the Haskell with a run in the $150k Pegasus Stakes on Sunday:

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=MTH&race=10&param1=5040&param2=1344&param3=1554630

Sorry, that didn’t work lol.  Try this, just click on Pletcher: http://horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm

Pletcher has two of the six entrants but so does Jason Servis—half brothers.

DogsUp

Jun-14

Incredible...I Knew Jason Servis and John Servis (Smarty Jones)   were both trainers and brothers.

But I didn't know Todd Pletcher and Jason were half brothers. Dogs says with a a horse face grin.

Hope the trainers catch the error ...$150K race, winner share is 60% or $90,000, not $60,000.

Man oh man if the DQed Derby winner bumps in this small field.....

• Edited June 14, 2019 11:17 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 2
Oldbettowin

Jun-15

So you would call it a $90,000 race?  Lol you crack me up Dogs, can’t resist trying to get a dig in wherever you can on things you dislike.  

Who do you like in the Stephen Foster?  Let’s see, I think it has a purse of $600,000....Wonder if the trainers know the winner will only get $360,000? :D

DogsUp

Jun-15

When one goes to the above link...Pletcher  has 2 horses. The link says the Peg  conditions. And purse awards including money distribution for 1st place.  It is incorrect. Should read $90...not$ 60,000. Can't resist having to "re-explain" !!

The total purse is $150,000

Wheel #3 (in the 3 trifecta holes) Runaway Ghost Stephen  Foster...horse will run out front early with Julian up first time.

Down the stretch ...sing.... "Oh the sun shines bright on my Old Kentucky LOAM.

• Edited June 15, 2019 12:40 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 4
DogsUp

Jun-16

Perfect 86 degree sunny weather for Pegasus...Only one horse and jock  that can beat the misperforming jockey and colt of the Derby.

Bravo is Mr Monmouth jockey.  Has to get out and ding-dong  Max Sec.  Cause compression.

See if Max will come in on him and brush bump.  Enough for Joey to theatrically pull a "Whoh  Nelly" move and take up or move jerky suddenly.

• Edited June 16, 2019 11:41 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 5
DogsUp

Jun-16

Does Maximum Security have some issue that he balks?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Oldbettowin

Jun-16

Have you seen him balk?  This race is nothing but a paid tuneup—a $60,000 one as you so astutely discerned.

smartyslew

Jun-16

FIELD OF SIX: Pletcher and Servis with 2 each entered.If there 2 come in 5th and 6th they will return

$5000.00 after $1600.00 fees each, leaves $1800.00 to pay help.Strain on who has to travel the furthest.

I think this is Max's home track. Yup a paid workout with 123 top weight against lighter weight

sparring partners... Happy Fathers Day DADS!!

By subscription of $100 each, which should accompany the nomination, $1,000 to pass the entry box and $500 to start. The owner of the winner to receive $60,000, $20,000 to second, $10,000 to third, $5,000 to fourth, $3,000 to fifth and $2,000 to sixth through last

RAESFAN

Jun-16

King For A Day in a game effort. He also won the Sir Barton in fast time. Was this a fluke?

DogsUp

Jun-16

the purse structure  is correct. Winner $60K

And as handicapped Joey would come up along side and Win.