Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stephen Foster = Churchill   Handicapping

Started Jun-15 by zowcownow; 436 views.
zowcownow

Jun-15

Good card at Churchill on Saturday.

Taking a flyer with Tom's d'Etat In the Stephen Foster.  Bridghohan rides him well.  I'd like to see Runaway Ghost do well.  Horse doesn't run well outside Sunland.   Leparoux gets the mount.    Will bet 1million$ on Seeking the Soul for the show.  Hope to get $4.

Signalman is running in the Matt Winn --- expecting another flop.  Mr. Money for the win.  

Wise Dan -- Itsinthepost -- Runs well except at Delmar.  

Oldbettowin

Jun-15

Going to CD today and if Tom’s d’Etat gets away at the 5-1 morning line I’ll be putting a little on him but I’m thinking he’ll probably be more like 7-2.  Thinking about keying King Zachary in some exotics.  Seeking the Soul does look good for the show lol.

You’ll be lucky to get 8-5 on Mr. Money but he should win going away.  Which means he probably won’t lol.

The Wise Dan is interesting.  Bourbon Resolution is making his turf debut and is by New Year’s Day.  The Chilean shipper El Picaro has an impressive record.  He hasn’t raced in 7 months but has been working well at Keeneland and gets Castellano.  I’ll be watching him in the post parade.

RAESFAN

Jun-15

In the Matt Winn Nolo Contesto, should give Mr. Money a contest. He faced good competition, only running behind the likes of Roadster, Game Winner, and Instagrand since breaking his maiden. He also is the last horse to defeat Omaha Beach. Coming off a considerable layoff, so let's see how he fires fresh. 

• Edited June 15, 2019 8:34 am  by  RAESFAN
RAESFAN

Jun-15

Gift Box has quietly moved near the top of the handicap division. Don't overlook. Deserving favorite.

PISTOL9

Jun-15

I thought I'd be one of the only one on Toms, was expecting decent odds with Gift Box and Seeking the Soul, and Yoshida to some degree (who I think is prepping for Saratoga meet)  If he goes down to 7/2, not so good.    I was on Mr Money in the PD mile, but going against him here with Nolo.  In the Wise Dan I am looking at Inspector Lynley and Admissions Office, Elate is Fleur.  Reget, between Varenka and Winter Sunset.

Wintertrian

Jun-15

RAESFAN said...

Gift Box has quietly moved near the top of the handicap division. Don't overlook. Deserving favorite.

Yes, agree. 

Most of these horses have not raced in quite a while so really it's a wide open race despite many horses having done well at CD in the past......far in the past. 

Longest odds on the board,  Alkhaatam looks like the "improving horse" for the course based on his works at CD.  Could be one to jump up here----late bloomer type.  

Motion has been putting some stout works into King Zachary as of late.  

All that said, to run ITM I like Quip, Thirstforlife, Gift Box, Tenfold and Alkhaatam.  That would be my exacta box if I were betting the race. 

In race 1  I like longshot U.S. Warrior to get up for a piece.  

In race 6 and 7  I like the Correas horses, blue prize but is chalk.....and el picaro (#10) play with the 3, 6, 7, 12.    

Wintertrian

Jun-15

PISTOL9 said...

Reget, between Varenka and Winter Sunset

Agree but put Belle Laura in 3rd, she always runs 3rd, should be nice odds for that spot.

Plus2lbs

Jun-15

Like my value play in R2

#6 Champagne Tale....filly looks very light on her toes..

8/1 ..heading to post.jog around

Main Event of the Evening..

Leparoo can work out a trip in 1 1/8..right?

• Edited June 15, 2019 9:25 pm  by  Plus2lbs
In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Jun-16

wise dan race paid about $1600+ for the exacta.   No way was I going to guess those 2.