Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saturday -June 29 - Mothergoose (Belmont) Woodbine (4 stakes)   Handicapping

Started Jun-29 by zowcownow; 256 views.
zowcownow

Jun-29

Belmont - Mother Goose - #2 Classic Fit -- 8-1- Lezcano (still hot jock) - 1st time Lasix --- Had some time off -- No Superstars in the race --- Dunbar Road at 4/5 I'll pass

Woodbine - King Edward - #5 Mr. Ritz -6-1 - Da Silva competent Woodbine Jock -- Track will be wet so - not betting Syncrony or Curlins Honor -- Million Dollar show bet on #1 Vanish.  Euro Horse worrys me - Emmaus 

Dance Smartly - #8 Rock My Love -- Prat (a competent jock on a Euro invader) -- 1st time Lasix. - likes it soft and loves the distance.  -- meet u at the windows.   --- Other competition -- Starship Jubilee (Contreras) Jock seldom wins on a fave. 

Highlander - #3 -El Tormenta (Contreras) goes off at 5-1.  Contreras gets his 1 win a day and the crowd goes wild). 

Queens Plate #4 - Pay for Peace (why not) ---Hernandez- 15-1 --- I'm probably lost all my money for the day and have $5 left --- swinging for the fences.    

In reply toRe: msg 1
zowcownow

Jun-29

whew.....thought my post had been deleted.   i placed this in the handicapping forum -- hope others can see it.   well off to the track.  i'm late...i'm late....I'm late.....

RAESFAN

Jun-29

Hoping for a price with Tone Broke in the Plate.

zowcownow

Jun-30

$8.50 for show ain't bad.  I love Luis Contreras but he seldom wins.  He brings home a lot of long shots and gives some really good rides to crummy horses.  

The big winner on the day was Flavian Prat --- IMO - I think he's the best US turf jockey.   He had 4 mounts -- 2 wins 1 second and a bad luck 5th.  

Wintertrian

Jun-30

zowcownow said...

The big winner on the day was Flavian Prat --- IMO - I think he's the best US turf jockey.

Agree with you on that.

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Jul-4

Win Win Win looked really good in his turf stakes debut. That Belmont turf is blazing fast! The Manila was clocked in 1:31.56. Maybe we'll see him in the BC Mile. One turn may be his game.

smartyslew

Jul-4

He has a good miler turf pedigree with a cmp that suggest a great turn of foot for that distance

and with 7 lines of Princequillo on his dam side should still be good at 5 and 6 yrs old

and on turf get 10f with this Japanese idea pedigree with BMS smarty jones tff and sire former mile 

record holder Elusive Quality/  Its time to see how Smarty does as a BMS. with that great female family.

zowcownow

Jul-4

Agreed.....  I didn't notice the time.  That's quick.  What's the track record?? 

The Belmont Derby is looking strong with 3-year-old derby runners.  Has this race always been a Grade1 -1 Million purse? ---  Plus Parfait, Master Fencer, and Spinoff.   

The Suburban looks like a solid race.  Lots of contenders.

Most looking forward to Sundays -- State Dinner Stakes -- Will Sunny Ridge repeat at a price?  Let's hope so......

RAESFAN

Jul-4

I think the record is around 1:31.20, so not far off. Oscar Performance owns it, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, the real race this week for me is the Suburban. I hope Catholic Boy does something special on Saturday. 

Last year the Belmont Derby was a grade 1 as well when CB won it, right before winning the grade 1 Travers on dirt. I hope he takes to the Belmont dirt as well. He had a great work over it two weeks ago.