Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

7/5 Belmont Oaks, Belmont Derby, Dywer, Suburban, and 7/6 State Dinner   Handicapping

Started Jul-6 by zowcownow; 271 views.
zowcownow

Jul-6

The Belmont Oaks is a hard race -- taking a stab with - 9  Cambier Parc - Jose Ortiz - Chad Brown -- Stretch out - ran well on the track.  Lots of foreign invaders.  Hope I get the 4-1 morning line.   

Nerud -#8- Pat on the Back -- likes Belmont -- smoking workout on 6/29 -- Dylan Davis (competent Jock).  Hope to get 4-1
Belmont Derby - #3 Seismic Wave -- Rosario (competent turf jock).  Likes Belmont - Bullet work on 6/21 - there is pace.  This horse will be circling on the outside.  Clear sailing.  Hope to get 5-1 
The million dollar show bet --- #6 Henleys Joy
Suburban -- #4 Marconi - Lezcano still having a great meet. The horse/jock combo is solid 2 races = 2 wins. - Cutbacks in the distance - could potentially wire this field.    -------screeeeeeeeech......screw it - #1 Catholic Boy in a romp.  The 58.1 bullet work screams primed horse...ready to roll......Castellano - hope to get even money.   $1 exacta box (1,2,4).  
7/7 State Dinner Stakes....#6 Sunny Ridge -- I like repeat winners.  He won it last year - gets Lezcano comes off a win.....likes Belmont -- 5/2....a little low but it will pay the bills.  

Plus2lbs

Jul-6

That's too funny..."taking a stab"with a Chad Brown/ Jose Ortiz runner in a NY Graded turf stakes race...at even money...really going out on a limb there...lol

Went with #5 Cafe Americano..8/1

2 mtp

Early money...smart money

R8 #6 Bon Raison..my kinda horse..Longshot..likes to run..cost me money..lol

R9..won with #13 Digital Age on Derby day..but I'll take all of that 10/1 ml on

#9 Cape of Good Hope..and hope I'm live in the DD going into the Suburban

Would u look at all that NYRA money on #3 Seismic Wave.,.

Early money ...smart money

C. Brown paying close attention to one of his 4 entries..#14 Rockemperor

Was gonna say make that a million dollar win bet..but didn't want to steal your thunder..

Suburban r10 #5 ..Lone Sailor...waiting on this one a long time..today could be his day.

Million dollar show bet #8 Carlino.,.

Well ..a little donation today.

• Edited July 6, 2019 6:24 pm  by  Plus2lbs
RAESFAN

Jul-6

I was concerned about Preservationist, but thought CB would handle him. He is a lightly raced six year old, that looks very talented. I think Catholic Boy was a little short for 10f, and should be stronger by BC time. He seemed to fight Javier early as well.

zowcownow

Jul-6

New Series on Netflix -- 7 days out.  One of the episodes is about 2018 Kentucky Derby.  Features - My Boy Jack/ Keith Desormeaux + Promices Fulfilled/Free Drop Willy/ Dale Romans and Justify/Baffert.  Neat show --  worth watching.  OTW - Promises Fulfilled won today.   In the post race interview -- Romans said he is leaning towards running in the Breeders Cup Sprint but the Breeders Cup Mile is a possibility.  Prefers the races since the Sprint is 2mill......   Let's hope so.  

zowcownow

Jul-7

RAESFAN said:

I was concerned about Preservationist, but thought CB would handle him. He is a lightly raced six year old, that looks very talented. I think Catholic Boy was a little short for 10f, and should be stronger by BC time. He seemed to fight Javier early as well.

I was intrigued by the early move by Castellano on CB --  I was thinking is this Bailey with Cigar running by Star Standard for the umpteenth time......  Preservationist is legit.    Might be like a forgotten Awesome Again come Breeders Cup day time hoping for 5-1.    https://www.breederscup.com/sites/default/files/pdf/results/Classic_1998_Results.pdf

• Edited July 7, 2019 10:39 am  by  zowcownow
In reply toRe: msg 1
zowcownow

Jul-8

zowcownow said:

The million dollar show bet --- #6 Henleys Joy

My $13.60  bet win brought in  = $6.8 million   Yea.....

Until next weekend ----