Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Yearlings on the ground at KEENLAND   Pedigree/Breeding

Started Jul-6 by Wintertrian; 122 views.
Wintertrian

Jul-6

So I think the yearling sales are coming up this week?   Can't wait to get a gander at Frosted, California Chrome, and Nyquist babies. Oh, and there are some Runhappy's.  

Catalog here:

http://www.fasigtipton.com/2019/The-July-Sale#/

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Jul-6

raesfan, there is a more than ready and that one has a video

I like watching the ones that have videos.   This is how I learn horse conformations between lets say an Exaggerator and a Munnings.  I will watch them over and over again, Supersaver ones, etc. and it does help to learn more about how a good router will look as a yearling. 

Maybe I'm weird like that but I will make notes, and 2 years from now, I will refer back to them and see if what I thought about a horse ends up coming true. 

Anyway, only a few in the catalog have videos.....but they are worth saving and watching.  the exxagerator looks very loose, the super saver has that hiked up look in back that I tend to like  LOL  

I am a fledgling when it comes to this, wish I could go to a sale with a knowledgeable horseman who could explain to me what to look for, so I have to do it the long way, my way, and figure it all out on my own.  

RAESFAN

Jul-7

Funny that you mentioned watching the videos. I saw a More Than ready recently at the OBS sales in Florida, that blazed :32 3/5 over 3f. I t was the fastest at that distance. He is out of a Street Cry mare(Passionate Diva), whose own dam was Roshani, a stakes winning mare. Despite the fast time and the nice pedigree, he was RNA'd at less that 30K. Can you suggest what could potential buyers have seen that turned them off? Could it be a conformation thing?