Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2019 Saratoga photos   General Discussions

Started Jul-13 by TexSquared; 640 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
TexSquared

Aug-4

Saratoga Oaks, Hall of Fame (G2), Alydar from Friday:

http://www.horse-races.net/library/saroaks19-results.htm

In reply toRe: msg 4
TexSquared

Aug-5

Saratoga Derby, Waya (G3), Adirondack (G2), John Morrissey from Sunday

http://www.horse-races.net/library/sarderby19-results.htm

zowcownow

Aug-26

I like these recaps with the trainer commentary.  Wish they had the Beyer #s included.  

The best race on the card was Elate/Midnight Bizou battling to the wire.  Definitely got the heart pumping.  

Shancelot might have got caught up in a distance issue of 6.5.  The fade and cut back in distance is a "perfect handicapping angle" right out of Andy Beyers Handicapping manual.   However, throw in Mitole and Imperial Hint and BC Sprint is gonna be a monster of a race.  

The Travers generally gets me excited but was expecting a young up and comer -- ala Arrogate style to take this one.  All the Talking heads said Code of Honor had distance issues -- sometimes I need to mute the commentary on the TV.  

Catalina Cruiser --- what distance is best for him?  He floundered in the BC Mile last year and the 1 1/4 isn't a distance probably is too far.   Also, the Mile is his only loss on the record -- commentary says veered at the start.  New pilot in Prat might be the winning combo.   Dez Bryant is telling me to get my "popcorn ready".  indeed!!!

Wintertrian

Aug-26

zowcownow said...

Shancelot might have got caught up in a distance issue of 6.5.  The fade and cut back in distance is a "perfect handicapping angle" right out of Andy Beyers Handicapping manual.   However, throw in Mitole and Imperial Hint and BC Sprint is gonna be a monster of a race

I'm a Mitole fan.  :) 

zowcownow

Sep-1

What a great race to watch.  Good post....