Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Haskell features Rascal ~ Maximum Security   General Discussions

Started Jul-19 by DogsUp; 574 views.
DogsUp

Jul-19

Whether it was the former Baltimore Colts, art, jewelry, or just hanging an old horse shoe up on a barn or house...it's always " horse shoe up"!

Well, owners of  Derby DQed Derby Disaster Maximum Security are still at it for their bad luck misfortune in 2019 Derby seeking remedy relief in the DQ in Kentucky District Court against the DQ decision by the state's racing commission.  After Dogs' 50 years in the game, being taken down, put up, or praying for a decision of Dead Heat, I'll go with, "the decisions of the stewards is final.".  WTH. Very doubtful the court will upright their upside down empty horse shoe.

Where we going? Arbitration - negotiated settlements will begin after each race. Ticket payoffs will be mailed to ultimate conclusion settlement within 30 days, not to mention purse distributions. Something like when asked " how'd you  do at The races today"?  And the response is, "It's going to arbitration and could be the biggest legal Beyer ever!"  Might even establish a condition whereas for horses that have never won a Supreme Court Decision, other than Minor State court decisions and/ or reversals decided by a 12 panel jury.  Any horses represented by the same Attorney shall be coupled.

The owners have cause to believe that after 145 Ky Derbys , why them?  Perhaps the worse "Bad Beat" in US racing history.  It's horse racing.  Wherever one is positioned in the game. Perhaps with the most variables in any sporting contest. Three strikes and four balls, ineligible receiver down field.  Simplified.

Did one every think there is no time/performance restrictions as to the mechanics of the game?  In a game of time. No less.  There isn't an after the race knock out punch by the owners in court after the Derby Board lights up. 

Hoofnotes:  The Spa ~ Saratoga cancelled for Saturday ~ Heat.   Monmouth Park has ocean weather. And will gain much action with Spa dark.

Max  Secty fav 8/5 against 6 others ~ mile and an eighth Haskell Saturday & Win and In BC Classic to the winner. Colt that beat Max in last at Monmouth, King for a Day / Pletcher gets reg rider this one Johnny Vee replacing Joe Bravo who piloted KfaD in the very final going at half a furlong shorter than this distance. So, horse shoe Up or Down for Max, owners and trainer?

• Edited July 19, 2019 10:26 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Jul-20

Not playing but I have always like Mucho Gusto and Joevia.  

DogsUp

Jul-20

There is no value in the big race Haskell. Vertical.  Pick four starting with 9th or 11 th.  Especially race 14 open to 5 of six with shot to win maiden.

In reply toRe: msg 3
DogsUp

Jul-20

A shame weather also knocked out 6 races in Monmouth big day. Spoiled my pick 4 race ideas.

Cold beer and cigars can still be had. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
zowcownow

Jul-20

FOUL!!!  Bad call.......

DogsUp

Jul-21

$1 Superfecta: $185.70 

• Edited July 21, 2019 9:01 am  by  DogsUp
Gerh

Jul-21

Looks like the spineless stewards at Monmouth we’re afraid of a lawsuit.

DogsUp

Jul-21

With all the cancellations at Monmouth ~ six races/some before and after Haskell, and my feeling the Hask Tri would run 1 - 2 (that is Max ~ Mucho) first and second in tri.... decided the one bet for the day...All In,  1/2/All/All. Super.  Six horse race..

With monies ponied in from the guys and gal at the cigar shop, I would have joined Mr. West in a get POed

for a take down...only because of  my bet mind you...ha.

• Edited July 21, 2019 9:24 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
zowcownow

Jul-21

You tossed King for a Day and put in Mucho Gusto as a single.  Amazing wager.  

DogsUp

Jul-21

I didn't toss "any" horse out of my super bets.

Max  Sec. To Win...  With/ Mucho Gusto 2nd/ ALL (3rd)/ALL(4th)   ~  $2 ticket = $24.00 bought - bet $48.00 = twice

Then $1.00 ticket  Max. Security/ALL/Mucho in the third whole/ALL = $12.00

Superfecta part wheel as it is called.  

(d)

Hoofnote: Joey Bravo rode King for a Day in Pegasus; when beating Max in a perfectly timed route at the wire.

Johnny Vee regular rider of (KfaD) took back the mount in the Haskell $Mil race.  Bravo being the King at Monmouth Park for decades had much to do in beating Max in the previous race at Monmouth Park in the Pegasus. Also the race Haskell is not equal weights. As is Trip. Crown and Travers. 126.

• Edited July 21, 2019 3:14 pm  by  DogsUp