Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dennis' Moment   General Discussions

Started Jul-28 by RAESFAN; 272 views.
RAESFAN

Jul-28

Dale Romans unleashed a potential monster at Ellis park yesterday. A Tiznow colt named Dennis' Moment, demolished a field of two year olds in a 7f maiden in 1:21.95. In his debut he bumped with another horse and unseated his rider. In this contest the rider's only challenge was wind resistance as he streaked to a 19 length victory. Apparently highly thought of from the beginning, he was sold for 400K as a yearling, by the Albaugh Family Stables. This one won't stay at Ellis for long.

zowcownow

Aug-2

Got his own thread.  I'm a fan.  Think he goes to Saratoga next??

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

Sep-14

Well, Dennis' Moment looked like the real deal in the Iroquois. He hardly took a deep breath. I was happy with Scabbard's effort. He got stopped while making an early move, but the MTR colt, formerly named, Noose, re-rallied for a non-threatening second. He has run into two colts better than he is at this point; Dennis' Moment and Green Light Go, but wasn't embarrassed.

Wintertrian

Sep-17

RAESFAN said...

I was happy with Scabbard's effort                 He has run into two colts better than he is at this point

Only because the distance was only 1-1/16th.  I know you love the MTRs and this one looks better than the winner to me. 

RAESFAN

Sep-17

“From your lips to God’s ears!” I really like this horse. Reminds me a bit of Catholic Boy at the same stage, except all in dirt. I don’t want to get too excited  and get disappointed I guess. He did finish strongly after encountering traffic mid race.

Baffert has an MTR colt that should start soon as well named Much More Halo. Can’t recall him training one before. Should be interesting.