Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Aug 3 stakes - Whitney, Lure, Test, and De La Rose   Handicapping

Started Aug-2 by zowcownow; 235 views.
zowcownow

Aug-2

Whitney is a tough race.  Going for a price -- 7 Yoshida to win.  See if Yoshida has Saratoga magic.  I'll take the chalky 1$ exacta in Yoshida, Thunder Snow, and McKinzie (4,6,7).

De La Rose -- Castellano on the turf has been perfection the past 2 weeks.  So #9 Stella Di Camelot for the win. 

Test -  2 - Bellafina and Prat for the win ......

Lure -- 8 Ticonderoga -- Castellano - loves Saratoga --- 8races at the distance -- 7 times in the exacta.   Hoping for m/l  4-1   The <Million $ Show bet> take #7 Voodoo Song.  

Wintertrian

Aug-3

I am hoping mckinzie does something here so he can go to the BCC and then I can automatically cross out a horse from the trifecta.  He would have no business running in the BCC......he's won 1 race at 1-1/16th on wet........ but if you look at the official Breeders Cup page, over 250 "experts" (ie. talking heads) have chosen him to win the BCC at 10F.....overwhelmingly.  !!!   They need to put McKenzie in the Mile....... should be okay at only 1-1/8....maybe. Not sure 'bout that as regards tomorrow. 

Hope Baffert is using the special feed come november or whatever other kinds of "majic" baffert has these days---with the way things are going at SA I think he will be keeping a low profile.  He didn't do well at Oaklawn this year at all. 

I think this race tomorrow may be a little "short" for Thunder Snow's true capability ---though he can win anything btw a mile and 1-1/4+ as he has showed, but I think he will shine at the BCC distance. 

I'm hoping Shug is getting along good with CoH's training.  Love that guy, so happy he is skipping races he doens't need to go in.  

As for Imperative a 9 year old gelding being juiced for his very last drop, he deserves retirement, I heard he will get it if he doesn't do  well in this race.  I am hoping therefore, that he doesn't do well.   For god's sake stop it already.  This isn't Nikki My Darling, Mr. Paolucci. Just cuz you finally got a horse doesn't mean you have to run him into the ground.  

Wintertrian

Aug-3

zowcownow said...

I'll take the chalky 1$ exacta in Yoshida, Thunder Snow, and McKinzie (4,6,7).

I am not wagering it but on paper I would go for Yoshida, Preservationist, Vino Rosso exacta.  Leaving McKinzie off exacta would give a lot of value but probably have to play him.  Never liked vino rosso much but this race looks right for him.  I would key Vino Rosso. 

Just seems like very few non-USA bred horses ever win this race.  I'd love to see Thunder Snow win it though. 

ChiefsCrown

Aug-3

Using McKinzie in the Whitney (should get ITM) with Vino Rosso and Forewarned in my trifecta. Hoping to get a big score IF Forewarned runs big!! Like Yoshida but he's burned money for me in the past and i'll let him beat me.

Going with Trenchtown Cat in the Test, Vino Rosso in the Whitney and Divine Miss Grey in the De La Rosa for a pick3. 

As you said in your post Imperative should be retired! With that being said i can see him getting into the super and screwing up tickets!

Good luck Winter.....

zowcownow

Aug-3

So far I've gotten 2 thirds and lost a million $.... :) .....typical of my life.  The highlight of the day was --- En Wye Cee (NYC) -- cool horse name of the day and a $23 winner.   Stupid me --- I bet on the 60-1 longshot --- telling the teller I like "horses with gold in the name cause they win a lot"......and the teller says "I like NYC cause that's where I was born".   I didn't get the joke until the race was being run.....  whaaaaaa!!!   

zowcownow

Aug-3

I wish the had the match race bet ----  I'll take Yoshida over Vino Rossi for 100 cases of Diet Coke.

McKinzie at 3/5 seems like -- either everyone is "right" or everyone is "wrong".   Monongahela at 22-1 seems like the light up the board horse.  

• Edited August 3, 2019 5:35 pm  by  zowcownow