Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Garth---Delmar Race 1 = August 10   Handicapping

Started Aug-9 by zowcownow; 402 views.
zowcownow

Aug-9

Baffert 1ster running on Saturday.  Looks primed.  Oh....then there is the 8% win machine in Martin Garcia.  We'll see.....

Cool name though.....   Garth -- Into Mischief/Country Star

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=DMR&race=1&param1=137292&param2=616&param3=770

In reply toRe: msg 1
zowcownow

Aug-11

Ran 2nd.....I want to blame Martin Garcia but I can't.  A bad start from horse.   Bet heavily. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
zowcownow

Sep-2

2 Sept --- runs today in the Runhappy Delmar Futurity.  Baffert boots Martin Garcia and  Mike Smith gets the mount.   Horse adds blinks.  5-1 morning line.  Upset looming.  

Delmar - 9th - 7F

Plus2lbs

Sep-2

Early money on the other Baffert..1/5

wow...

• Edited September 2, 2019 9:25 pm  by  Plus2lbs
zowcownow

Sep-3

The other Baffert got knocked down....dumped his jockey.....got up....ran wide and nearly won the race w/o a jockey.   That's pretty good.  Let's hope the next time 8 Rings runs he goes off at 10-1.  

In reply toRe: msg 1
PISTOL9

Sep-4

Looks like the link to Ken McPeeks is incorrect on the past performance page,  I found them at this site:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/public/McPeek/MCPEEK+KENNETH+G/9999/summary.html

Wintertrian

Sep-4

Simply do not know how anyone projects to make money with choosing a flashy worker, by Baffert no less, who has never raced, and whose name is plastered across every racing forum because "baffert factor" and "flashy worker"

Then he runs 2nd and everyone sighs.  

I guess I can't relate to these scenarios, being somewhat of a long shot player 

zowcownow

Sep-4

The trick is to find those mid to longshot horses that have a speedy workout.  I really like to find a horse that has an equipment change that has a bullet work or a really fast workout.  If you follow Westcoast horseracing.....speedy workouts are the norm.