Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saturday Stakes - Aug 9 - Arlington Million,Bev D, Secretariat, Saratoga Special   Handicapping

Started Aug-10 by zowcownow; 260 views.
zowcownow

Aug-10

Saratoga Special -- #3 Green Light Go -  for the Win --- blazing workout.   Big Name Jocks are out of town. Alvarado rules the day.   <Million Dollar Show> -- #2 Zyramid Exacta box 2,3,4

4StarDave - I like Uni -- the mare carrys only 117....hopefully no traffic.  5 for 5 at the mile.  Easy win bet.  Probably really quick fractions and this one this one wins for fun.  

<Million Dollar Show> #10 Gidu ....lets hope no yielding course and Dr Edgar lets him have the lead.  On paper....its an intriguing race.  

Onto Arlington --- 

Beverly D -- Sistercharlie + Competionof ideas battle to the wire.  Sistercharlie wins by a head.  Exacta Box 3,7,8

Secretariat - #8 Faraway Kitten --- Horses with kitten names win a lot of Turf races.  We'll do 20$ WPS.   Throw in an exacta box -- 6,7,8    Note Gino Buccoli -- likes Rys' the Guy.  

Arlington Million --- #1 Robert Bruce --- I like horses that repeat in Stakes --- He won last year....will win this year.  True -- Ortiz stays with trusty Bricks and Mortar.   <Million Dollar Show>  #10 Bandua  No Hunting Horn for me....lost 10 races in a row.   Exacta Box -- 1,3,6,10

PuckerUp -- #4 Indigo Gin -- sharp workout + geroux + Turf record - 4race -3 wins 1 2nd.  Exacta box 4,9,10,11

RAESFAN

Aug-10

Saratoga Special - NOOSE

zowcownow

Aug-10

Noose....smoking work out --- why do you have all this love for More Than Ready offspring?  :)  Also, you get Lanerie - a quality jock who could clean house if my guy Alverado falters.  

Lanarie has 2 mounts before the Special and Alvarado has 7.   I think fatigue always factors in on long hot days for some of these jocks but I think adrenaline mitigates the tiredness.  Unless Rosario has a hot day, I expect Junior Alverado have 3-4 wins and primed for this stakes.    

Wintertrian

Aug-10

Noose will be everyone's hunch bet.....if he wins you will make $1.   No thanks. 
I liked King Snake, but he scratched, so I'm on Peruvian Boy now. 

RAESFAN

Aug-10

Around the time I started really following the sport closely, he was my Derby horse. I got really into him, and he was the first horse I followed as a sire. His wonderful success has brought me a lot of enjoyment through his progeny. It’s perhaps greater now that his career is perhaps winding down. I’m still hoping for that Classic win. Got the Travers last year. A TC race win or a BC Classic win, would be the coup de grace!

RAESFAN

Aug-10

I don’t think Noose goes off as the favorite. I think Green Light Go or Zyramid, maybe even Long Weekend will. I think you can get that 4-1.

Wintertrian

Aug-10

Green Light Go is fav 2mtp, Noose is 5/2
Looks like zyramid, tuggle or peruvian are pretty long and have a shot here IMHO
I don't wager CHALKATOGA

In reply toRe: msg 7
Wintertrian

Aug-10

Wintertrian said...

Green Light Go is fav 2mtp, Noose is 5/2
Looks like zyramid, tuggle or peruvian are pretty long and have a shot here IMHO

If I were playing I'd have the superfecta   LOL  My boy peruvian ran 4th
I don't play Saratoga, I really don't know how anyone can.  Most of the exactas are often under $10-$15 it seems. Waste of time handicapping. 

BTW, Super Steed is off the shelf and back racing.  On Sunday.