Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Shancelot   Handicapping

Started Aug-24 by zowcownow; 260 views.
zowcownow

Aug-24

Ran 3rd in the Allen Jerkens stakes --- Thought this horse was unbeatable today.  Talk about some back class with Mind Control winning this race (Hopeful winner).  Looking at Mind Controls PP's.....if he gets a clean start he's a big-time contender.  

Shancelot's Jockey Jaramillo didn't do anything wrong - wonder if he gets the return call on Shancelots next race.  

The BC Sprint is looking very special this year.   

RAESFAN

Aug-26

Makes an argument for the "bounce" theory. Not too many horses run a 125 beyer figure in their third start. There are some who thought him vulnerable. Unfortunately, I was not one.

PISTOL9

Aug-27

Big difference in going 6-6.5 then 7, touch to carry that speed that far.  Those early speedsters are usually bet against for me going 7f for first time.  My only success of the day.  Had horses involved in 5 head bobs and only got the nod on this one.  Thankfully the odds were good.  I actually thought that bob was for 2nd when watching live.  Thought Shance had it.

zowcownow

Aug-27

PISTOL9 said:

Thought Shance had it.

5 Star Day, Artax, Big Jag, Kelly Kip, Lost in the Fog --- eventually lost.  Nature of the race.....Go really fast...Someones gonna come from behind.  

There was a couple of female sprinters that never lost.   Someone help me  out........ oh and then there are the Austrailian turf sprinters. 

Husker (Birdman506)

Aug-28

"There was a couple of female sprinters that never lost.   Someone help me  out."

Personal Ensign?, although I don't she was considered to be just a sprinter.  Pepper's Pride, but she raced only in New Mexico against the same many, many times.

[edited to add] Landaluce might be another you were thinking of.

zowcownow

Aug-28

Peppers Pride was one but there was another....  Rapid Redux is the other.  Oh and it was a he.  Wynx and Black Caviar are Australian horses.   Thanks...

• Edited August 28, 2019 6:14 pm  by  zowcownow