Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PARX Derby   Handicapping

Started Sep-13 by DogsUp; 1351 views.
Wintertrian

Sep-21

DogsUp said...

RACE # 10).   1, 6*, 8 ,11  15-1

NEVER underestimate Larry Jones with a filly.   Never.   

Wish I thought to tell you this before the race.  I'm a big Larry Jones fan as most of you know, but his speciality is fillies and he is very good with them.  Next to last in the backstretch.........and she comes running.   

Street Band!

In reply toRe: msg 22
Wintertrian

Sep-21

Improbable is all about Baffert hype.  Horse has won ONE G1 back in 2018....can't get it done.  He is not a 1-1/8 horse, I was saying to others that if this race was shorter I would have used him.  But he did not seem at all to be into racing today, head tossing, rearing.  

War of Will is on-again-off-again horse.   Never know what you'll get. 

One of my top derby picks CoH is the classiest breeding and the nicest horse right now IMHO, in the 3 year old division.   

Mr. Money did make a good account of himself here had the longshot not run by him. 

Msg 1319.24 deleted
zowcownow

Sep-22

Wintertrian said:

Mr. Money did make a good account of himself here had the longshot not run by him

That longshot is a legit horse.  Irad Ortiz at 5-1 or higher is a worthy gamble.  31-1 is a must.  Horse closed into a super slow pace.  Math Wizard runs well off a layoff.  Runs well at 1 1/8 or longer.   I wonder if they point him to the Classic.  Didn't have him on my tickets....what a shame.   I was more focused on Paco Lopez on this day.  Which paid off in the 12th race with a 21-1 with a "odd name" horse ---- :)

Gerh

Sep-22

I have a lot of respect for Larry Jones.Great judge of horses and does a lot behind the scenes for horse welfare.I believe he advised Rick Porter to get Omaha Beach.An absolute master when it comes to fillies ,like you said

Gerh

Sep-22

I just don’t think Mike Smith fits this horse.Smith is regarded as a jockey who is not afraid to send a horse to the lead.Improbable needs to relax and learn to rate.Totally agree with you about CoH.

In reply toRe: msg 27
TexSquared

Sep-22

Pennsylvania Derby (G1) and Gallant Bob (G3)
http://www.horse-races.net/library/paderby19-results.htm

Cotillion (G1), Parx Dirt Mile, Plum Pretty and Alphabet Soup
http://www.horse-races.net/library/cotillion19-results.htm

Msg 1319.29 deleted