Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mongolian Who?   Breeders' Cup

Started Sep-30 by RAESFAN; 1221 views.
In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Nov-1

Mongo is a 10F horse I think.  If there was no other quality speed in the race, I would probably take a shot on him.  In this field, probably not.
If Vino is chalk, and you wanted to take a risk, you could play mongo instead.   They remind me a little of each other, actually.  Mongo is a bit faster, Vino can go a bit longer.  It's a "pick one" situation.  I don't feel very confident that we are producing many true classic distance runners (and the ones that are are not being trained for the task which they probably COULD do). 

My heart pick is CoH, my longshot would be Math Wizard.  Probably only watching this race for my above mentioned reasons. 

Plus2lbs

Nov-1

Was touted on COH down at GP FOY day...of course I went with Vekoma..then I saw that paddle.

still can't play COH to this day

• Edited November 1, 2019 7:37 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Wintertrian

Nov-2

CoH is still (IMHO) the best bred horse in this race.  And has the most stamina with an effective distance of probably about 11F. Whether or not he can stay up close enough to win this is my only worry.  The only others in here I like would be Vino or Mongolian.........if Mike can gun Yoshida to the front early, he has a shot too.  Tiring track, you need a stamina horse with some speed.   

Plus2lbs

Nov-2

Took a real bad step in the stretch

Gerh

Nov-2

Hope he is ok.Vanned off

Msg 1330.15 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 14
Wintertrian

Nov-3

Gerh said...

Hope he is ok.Vanned off

RIP Mongolian Groom.   

TexSquared

Nov-3

I didn't see it happen from where I was but I admit, just before the Classic I thought to myself "wow, no horse ambulance for the 2 days.."  but didn't say it out loud for superstition's sake. 

Gerh

Nov-3

Definitely not the news I wanted to wake up to.

In reply toRe: msg 18
RAESFAN

Nov-3

You and me both, but based on the somber voice of the doctor I saw interviewed after he was vanned off, on some level I knew. I was so happy that my worst fears seemed to be unfounded...until they weren't. What annoyed me was hearing announcers say stuff like "well 187 horses competed", as if that ratio was acceptable or understandable. Also, they rushed a "green screen" out there to prevent the people from seeing what was happening after the breakdown. How proactive!

• Edited November 3, 2019 8:02 am  by  RAESFAN