Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ricardo Santana -- Sometimes its the Jock not the horse.    General Discussions

Started Sep-30 by zowcownow; 933 views.
zowcownow

Sep-30

Ok....maybe the Trainer has a lot to do with it too.  Asmussen does rule Remington Park.   Ok, this is how good Santana did on Sunday on all Asmussen trained horses.   He had mounts on 13 horse --- yep the entire card.  13 - 7 wins, 3 seconds, 1 third, 1 fourth, 1 fifth.  And the third, fourth, and fifth came in the last 3 races.  

DogsUp

Sep-30

Yes. And a good Card Draw.

• Edited September 30, 2019 1:04 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 2
ChiefsCrown

Sep-30

Evening Dogs.....

How did you do betting the JCGC?...Nothing to cash on my end, left Vino off my tix.

Cost me!

Wintertrian

Oct-1

zowcownow said...

Ok....maybe the Trainer has a lot to do with it too.  Asmussen does rule Remington Park.   Ok, this is how good Santana did on Sunday on all Asmussen trained horses.   He had mounts on 13 horse --- yep the entire card.  13 - 7 wins, 3 seconds, 1 third, 1 fourth, 1 fifth.  And the third, fourth, and fifth came in the last 3 races. 

Same deal at Oaklawn.  Either Asmussen or Santana win the meet awards every year. 

smartyslew

Oct-1

Remember a few years ago when Asmussen and his assistant Blasi got in trouble and Blasi lost his job

and on one of their recordings they talked about how good Santana is using a wire or buzzer on a horse

without getting caught.

Anything they do today is suspect. I follow the jocks for Asmussen on graded horses that isn't Santana.

Like the Jock on Gun Runner.Some make a living betting  on those 2 at remington and smaller tracks, but i pass. just liked i passed on that crooked track that was caught 15 years ago where some of those trainers winning percentage went way down from 45 % to less then 20%.

its suspect to me.You can't capp drugs or cheaters.

what you don't know you will never know...

DogsUp

Oct-1

http://forums.delphiforums.com/horse_racing/messages/1327/1

Hi Chief...The gang here talked about JCGC on the above thread under "Luck" .  The exacta price would have been higher if Vino Rosso had not been taken down.  DQed.  My ticket construction paid 5/2. The win price 8/5.

RAESFAN

Oct-1

Is it just me, or is it fairly big news that Baffert is replacing Smith on McKinzie?

smartyslew

Oct-2

I didn't see the last race, I heard the last 2 races Smith used the whip more than

the horse liked it and the connections wanted a change of riders.

RAESFAN

Oct-2

I didn't see the Awesome Again, but I saw the Whitney, and don't remember him being all that hard ridden to the end. I'll have to watch both to see what the deal is.

RAESFAN

Oct-2

I watched the last two races, and if Smith hardly used the whip at all. Must be something else.

EDIT: Listening to Baffert's comments after the race, he seemed to be upset with Mike conceding the easy lead. He said he will have to talk to Mike about "why he made the move he did". Must not have liked the answer.

• Edited October 2, 2019 10:51 am  by  RAESFAN