Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Who should go where?   Breeders' Cup

Started Oct-2 by RAESFAN; 1010 views.
RAESFAN

Oct-2

I can't recall when I've ever seen seen such uncertainty when it comes to placing top horses in the BC.

1. Elate is considering the Classic, perhaps because that race looks ripe for the picking

2. Bricks and Mortars is being considered for the Turf Mile instead of the Turf Classic where he could be the favorite(depending on who comes across the pond)

3. Rushing Fall may point to the Turf Mile instead of the F&M Turf

4. Catholic Boy is being considered off a long layoff and some training glitches, for the Dirt Mile, Turf Mile, and Classic. Personally, I think the miles are too short, and too tough. Even though he's not had a prep, the Classic may the weakest it's been in a while, at his favorite distance.

Any thoughts?

Gerh

Oct-2

I think Mott believes Elate would have a better chance against the boys in the Classic rather than taking on Midnight Bisou At 1 1/8.

I think Bricks and Mortar will be cross entered in both.Maybe see how tough the turf comes up and go from there.

Totally agree with you about Catholic Boy.Looks to be training well and is definitely better at 1 1/4

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Oct-3

I absolutely dislike holding the BCC on a speed favoring track.  

I'm a Mitole fan........is this one running in anything?

RAESFAN

Oct-3

Pretty sure Mitole will run in the BC. The question is, will it be in the Sprint or the Dirt Mile. i'm not sure 6f is his best game. His win in the Met Mile showed that he is one of the best milers around. I guess his connections will also want to see "who goes where".

DogsUp

Oct-3

Hi,  go to to Breeders Cup web site. Probables & Win and In entries. 

Gerh

Oct-3

Speed favoring is bad enough but this year it will be run in a graveyard 

In reply toRe: msg 6
RAESFAN

Oct-4

"this year it will be run in a graveyard"

Morbid, but sadly apropos!

PISTOL9

Oct-6

After this weekend, Elate should still go to the Classic.  I was looking at her for win there, but not after today.  ITM will be more in the Classic and does have a better chance to win there.  BnM is a tweener, so not good no matter where he goes.  Rushing Fall, KEE was like it never has been before.  Has not rained in over a month.   Grass was green but underneath drier than it probably ever has been there.  Of course, SA could be the same way.   I cannot see Omaha being ready for Classic, but the lure of the purse is there, I think he is better fit for 8f.   Mitole I am thinking should go sprint,  I may finally be ready to not let him beat me which probably means he will lose there.

RAESFAN

Oct-7

Unfortunately, Rushing Fall will not race in the BC. For a More Than Ready fanatic like me, that's a bummer, but Uni will probably be in the mile after her stellar performance. She should get a similar setup, except the field will be large so she'll come pretty wide into the stretch.

More than Ready will be well represented in the juvy races as usual. Maybe he can repeat his Juvy Turf sweep of a few years back when More Than Real and Pluck took down those races. This year, he will be represented by the Chad Brown trained, Selflessly, who won the Miss Grillo, and Hit The Road, trained by Dan Blacker, that won the Zuma Beach at Santa Anita yesterday. The latter was very impressive on the surface over which the BC will be contested. Scabbard will be a good price in the juvy dirt race, but should be competitive off his second place finish in the Iroquois.

Too bad Roy H won't be able to go for three straight in the Sprint, but hopefully, Catholic Boy will be fit enough to do his best work wherever he shows up.

Speaking of MTR, I have been waiting for the Shug McGaughey trained, Power Move, to hit the track, and the home bred filly did not disappoint. She debuted in a 6f sprint at Belmont yesterday, broke on top then dropped back through the field. I thought she was done early, but when the running started, she closed like a monster to win first time out. I expect Shug to do good things with this Claiborne runner. Too late to make the BC Juvy dirt race, but she will be heard from in stakes competition down the road!

• Edited October 7, 2019 10:31 am  by  RAESFAN
zowcownow

Oct-8

Shug says Code of Honor is going in the Classic.  Running for HOY.   I'm stoked.  

Omaha Beach should stick to the sprint. 

I'm most stoked about the F/M turf.  Man oh Man what a race it will be.