Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeders Cup -preliminary thoughts   Handicapping

Started Oct-16 by zowcownow; 1099 views.
zowcownow

Oct-16

I was looking at the list of entries.   I don't see many longshots having any real chances.  

Northof64

Oct-17

I’ll have to view his last and see why he took 10th and if he found trouble or blocked. If there is a legit reason i may still bet on valid point across the board. I assume he would be at higher odds.   North

PISTOL9

Oct-19

SA tends to be chalky, at least in the past. 

Here's a thought on the BC.  Headline: Hollendorfer Not Allowed to Race in Breeders' Cup

Now do something bold and suspend BB

Msg 1343.4 deleted
Wintertrian

Oct-21

PISTOL9 said...

Here's a thought on the BC.  Headline: Hollendorfer Not Allowed to Race in Breeders' Cup

Now do something bold and suspend BB

Yeah, well.  

Baffert came to Arkansas last year several times and didn't leave with all the $$ for a change.   I have a feeling he will be keeping a low profile.  After the Justify incident and the dead horses incident, I don't think he has many passes left. 

zowcownow

Oct-24

Wintertrian said:

suspend BB

Bad Mojo often comes Baffert's way on Breeders Cup day.  Remember the skunkeroo year when he had the fave in every race.  

Wintertrian

Oct-24

by the way I wouldn't mind if you would properly use/trace the "quotes" and who said them. 

If you look at my reply, you will see that I "quoted" Pistol who said suspend BB. 

It is not something I said.  

When quoting people here, I usually try to trace back who said what, so I am not improperly attributing a statement to them that they didn't make.  ;)  

NOT a big deal on this friendly board among friends, but still......not *accurate* and I do kinda not like to see words flying out of my mouth that I didn't actually speak  ;) 

zowcownow

Oct-26

Wintertrian said:

If you look at my reply, you will see that I "quoted" Pistol who said suspend BB. 

My apologies for the misquote.  Welcome to Team Baffert.  What's ur thoughts on Eight Rings in the Juvenile.  Think he'll be running on the lead or stalking and pass 'em all in the stretch.  

Wintertrian

Oct-26

thanks zowcownow

I have no real thoughts about Eight Rings, other than that he seems very green and doesn't have an established running style. 
The kind of odds he will have makes it the kind of race I would never bet on.  

In reply toRe: msg 8
RAESFAN

Oct-26

Is there something going on between Baffert and Mike Smith that I've missed? First he takes Smith off McKinzie, but one instance does not a trend make. But I also was surprised that he turned to an east coast jockey, John Velasquez, to ride Eight Ring when he removed Van Dyke. I'm not complaining, mind you, as Smith is now aboard Scabbard, and probably is salivating at the thought of beating Baffert, especially in the Classic.